Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the Monroe bum-wiggle

Mary

Practically Family
Lily Powers said:
Marilyn Monroe had some nifty beauty tricks. I read somewhere that she achieved her unique upper lip movement in order to keep her upper lip looking full when she smiled (as opposed to the thin upper lip many people get when they aren't quite as self conscious about smiling before a camera). I tried to emulate it in front of a mirror when I was younger, but even without anyone catching me doing that, I felt ridiculously foolish.

Please tell me more about her lips! What struck me when watching Marilyn is that she is never still for 5 seconds, always seems awazed with everything.

I've been looking on youtube for a good time now. I personally love Marlene Dietrich walk and legs. And I want to know if you have any tips on what to think of to sit nicely?

Tigerlily

One of the Regulars
It's really a waist exercise too because when you move your bum that way, you're also working your waist at the same time. The one foot in front of the other thing really does work too, it makes you wiggle haha. Instead of trying to move your bum, try shifting from your waist and up from side to side!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Mary said:
Please tell me more about her lips! What struck me when watching Marilyn is that she is never still for 5 seconds, always seems awazed with everything.

I read that she was told by Miss Emeline Snively of the Blue Book Agency (Marilyn's first model agency) to lower her upper lip slightly when she smiled as it would lengthen the space between her nose and the top of her lip.

And you're right about Marilyn not keeping still when she's being interviewed - her face constantly moved - have a look at some of these clips - particularly when she is receiving the David Di Donatello award:

http://www.itnsource.com/compilations/ente...m/?lr=S03050701

She was magnificent....

Goldfish

A-List Customer
michou1930 said:
...while I move my feet as if I were walking on a line - like walking on a rope..

Now please tell me how I can do that without constantly hitting my ankles with my hobbit feet lol

Isn't Mariln amazing? Strange most people think of her as a dumb blonde bombshell (and as far as I know when she still lived it was widely known she was very smart). She was such a wonderful, talented and ambitious person.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTiYzZCaEiI

michou1930

New in Town
:)

Goldfish said:
Now please tell me how I can do that without constantly hitting my ankles with my hobbit feet lol
[/url]

lol That happened all the time when I started wearing stilettos - I scratched my ankles badly. But then I got used to it (well, not the scratching but the higher heels) and it worked out fine. I guess it has something to do with me taking larger steps. As unsure as I often am I do look quite confident when I stride around ;) Walking like this also is kind of a shield I think - wearing a mask somehow in a good way although this comes naturally to me. Gosh I really should have an hourglass figure instead of my up and down body.

And Marilyn? Love her still to bits!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou