Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Munsters

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I read an atricle on this today as well... I'm curious about what they are going to try and do with the show... I hear also the Guillermo Del Toro is interested in helping out. If anyone gets quirky monsters it is him.

Does anyone remember that made for TV Munsters movie they did several years ago? I liked it as I recall.

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
The Munsters top the Adams Family only because of their cars!!!!

munstershotrod.jpg

If they only had a Lurch they would be perfect.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I'd forgotten about the coffin car, that was awesome. I hope they bring that back, I'm sure some collector has it still.

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
I was a fan of the Munsters. We'll see how this works out.

The Munster's Koach is a George Barris vehicle. He also made the Batmobile, Green Hornet's Black Beauty, etc. And, yes, it does still exist in terrific condition.

- Ian

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
EmergencyIan said:
I was a fan of the Munsters. We'll see how this works out.

The Munster's Koach is a George Barris vehicle. He also made the Batmobile, Green Hornet's Black Beauty, etc. And, yes, it does still exist in terrific condition.

- Ian

Technically, he made a batmobile. There are five that have appeared on screen in live action shows & movies.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
yes the cars are nice .... but

I posted this elsewhere, but it applies to all remakes.....

Welcome to Hollywood, aka, Regurgitation Alley! :mad:

(quoted from somebody else not me, but totally agree with the sentiment)
"Recently, a mysterious epidemic has been sweeping across Hollywood. At first, this illness was seen only a few times a year, but now it has become a full on plague within the industry. I’m referring to the disease that causes studio executives to “remake”, “re-imagine”, or “update” older films for a new generation. Don’t get me wrong, remakes are as old as the hills, they’re nothing new, but the motivation behind them, as well as the quality of their content has changed dramatically. Remakes used to be a means of improving on the original, but at some point they became the industries crutch for easy money.

The sheer laziness, and lack of effort has to be stopped. This epidemic will bring an end to the very thing that’s made the film industry so successful in the first place, it’s originality. My biggest fear is if Hollywood continues its focus on remaking classic films of the past, we won’t have any new ones to show for in the future."

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
This show will only work if its filmed in B&W. Which it won't be, so fail!

The remake epidemic is only because Hollywood has not fully recovered from the writer's strike a couple of years ago. Shows that are still on the air from it have suffered, and rather than take a shot at a new idea, people who make TV would rather bank on a built in demographic and cut their losses.

Sad really.

LD

Talbot

One Too Many
Sorry Lily, Morticia wins it for me.

Gomez, Fester, and Lurch were pretty stylish too!

I loved the Munster's cars, but I have always been a fan of the Charles Addams cartoons.

Talbot

One Too Many
HadleyH said:
I posted this elsewhere, but it applies to all remakes.....

Welcome to Hollywood, aka, Regurgitation Alley! :mad:

(quoted from somebody else not me, but totally agree with the sentiment)
"Recently, a mysterious epidemic has been sweeping across Hollywood. At first, this illness was seen only a few times a year, but now it has become a full on plague within the industry. I’m referring to the disease that causes studio executives to “remake”, “re-imagine”, or “update” older films for a new generation. Don’t get me wrong, remakes are as old as the hills, they’re nothing new, but the motivation behind them, as well as the quality of their content has changed dramatically. Remakes used to be a means of improving on the original, but at some point they became the industries crutch for easy money.

The sheer laziness, and lack of effort has to be stopped. This epidemic will bring an end to the very thing that’s made the film industry so successful in the first place, it’s originality. My biggest fear is if Hollywood continues its focus on remaking classic films of the past, we won’t have any new ones to show for in the future."

Agreed. Clearly an investment return driven strategy. I wonder if it has anything to do with it being easier to raise capital from potential investors if the characters are already well known.

The movie promotion would be a bit easier too I guess.

T

Charlie74

Familiar Face
There was a MUNSTER movie made years ago with the orignal cast. It might have just been a made for TV movie. I liked the MUNSTERS also, but did prefer the Addams Family

purerad

New in Town
darn, the munsters are like sacred ground..............why would they wanna screw that one up.............ugh!

Feraud

Bartender
If by some insane long-shot this does well I don't have any faith in NBC after reading they are dropping Community. NBC insists on investing in dreck like "Whitney" or some Chelsea Handler sitcom. My interest in prime time television is at an all time low.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24