Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Alexander .... next the Long Rider (warning picture heavy)

Plumbline

One Too Many
when lo and behold you STARTED POSTING SOME UPSIDE DOWN!!! Now I'm a tolerant man, in most things, and as I said I'd like to grow up to be you leather wise BUT you're starting to make my head hurt with all this twisting.

Worf :D :D :D :D .... if only I knew how this picture posting thing worked, I'd be dangerous :D :D :D

Cooperson

One Too Many
Good looking jacket Plumbline, similar to an Aero Long half belt but trimmer in the back. Looks like a very good cut and fit. Thanks for the pics, good to see Alexander jackets being worn, much better than the website photos. Enjoy!

hpalapdog

One of the Regulars
They all display right way up on Photobucket ?????????

Try rotating horizontal and see what happens. Photobucket have introduced a new interface which may have bugs. I certainly don't like it.
The other thing is have you set your camera to auto rotate images ?

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Their "Drifter" model looks very good and hard to beat for the price. I'd buy one of the discounted ones, but my sizes are all gone. How much to ship to the USA, on the average?

Plumbline

One Too Many
Their "Drifter" model looks very good and hard to beat for the price. I'd buy one of the discounted ones, but my sizes are all gone. How much to ship to the USA, on the average?

They have a shipping and tax calculator on the website .... Think it was £40 or £50 for USA .... It was £10 for the UK

HTH

schitzo

Suspended
" I bought a roadster in that a week or two ago"

Hey Schitz, we are still awaiting the pics from the Aero you received recently and now you've gotten another?? Please don't let life, family and work get in the way any longer.. We need to see what you've got! A quality review please.

Don worry Boyo I have my camera back in action now and will aim to post one this wknd. I wanted to at the time but my girl's camera is a bit crap, as are her photography skills and so I decided against publishing those. Here's a sneak preview. One of her best shots.. but still a bit blurry I'm afraid. You can get the general idea
003_zps32ba67fc.jpg

That leather is the same stuff as Pl's first jacket, formerly known as the AL-8, now called something else.

Last edited:

robrinay

One Too Many
I love your Longrider - an excellent style and a great choice and it prompted me to visit the Alexander site where I read it is based on a Montgomery Ward 40's/50's design. Then I realized my chocolate brown steerhide Windward is probably one of the originals and I hardly ever wear it as its a bit too snug - its actually too small (about a 40" and I'm 42/44), but I couldn't face believing that until now when I realize I can eBay it and use the proceeds towards a replica that will fit, though I'll wait to see the new Aero range first.

Last edited:

Graemsay

Practically Family
Great jackets Plumbline and Schitzo. I'm trying to fight off jacket acquisition syndrome here...

I thought that Plumbline's original Alexander fit OK, but the new ones look a lot better.

schitzo

Suspended
Great jackets Plumbline and Schitzo. I'm trying to fight off jacket acquisition syndrome here...

I thought that Plumbline's original Alexander fit OK, but the new ones look a lot better.

Plumbline is Plumbline :D and that's not to say that I want to change him..

But I suspect the Alexander jackets are intended to be trim fitting. The roadster absolutely is a very trim fitting jacket indeed. I had to size up

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Worf :D :D :D :D .... if only I knew how this picture posting thing worked, I'd be dangerous :D :D :D

Glad you can take some good natured ribbing. I'm also glad the pics are now ALL FIXED. I like this jacket A LOT. If they made em in my size I might consider taking a flyer one day but since they don't I can't. I think it's a good looking jacket and a good score. Congrats.

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto