Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The new Eastman B-3

paulgt3

Familiar Face
Karhu, you are right, just as B-3 weather blew in here today like it had been waiting on me.
But I think I am going to keep my eyes open on some of the Navy jackets that are so prevalent around here.
THey come up at local auction and I will have to keep my eyes open.
That G1 I saw the other nite was an original and just from Eastman is 600 lbs.

karhu21

One of the Regulars
Yeah, I think Paul means 600 notes, not to mention customs charges.
Probably a better chance of picking up one cheaper in the US. Perhaps a used Eastman
might be cheaper on Ebay.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I just looked this up on Yahoo answers.

"To insert the £ sign, hold the Alt button then press 0163 then release the Alt button
Note: don't press all numbers at one, but one after the other"

I dont know if it would work as I'm in the UK and use an English keyboard.
Or it could be easier to put GBP Great Britain Pounds.
J

paulgt3

Familiar Face
Karhu, my wife is the one who saves. I am usually the one who has to be reigned in!
Thanks Rocket. Let me try that ¡§£ Well I get the pound sign by doing as the Rocketeer says.
But then I have to delete the i and the other sign is. on my Mac key board If I press the Alt key and the 163
I get ¡§£

I figured it out on my new Apple Macbook Pro. Its just Alt key and 3 and it comes out £
Pretty cool now I can go edit the other post and I wont look like an idiotic engineer!!

paulgt3

Familiar Face
by the way Rocketeer. I worked 30 years at the Navys Secret City China Lake Naval Air Warfare Center.
Our newspaper for decades was called the Rocketeer. China Lake was built in the WWII era to test rockets
hence the name. I got lucky at our 50th Anniversary and was in a Laboratory testing. The local newspaper (not the Rocketeer)
was on base to take some pictures and they grabbed me to be in the pic that went on the cover of the 50th Anniversary magazine.
What was funny is I hated that group I worked in. THEY called the paper suggesting THEY help make the cover in their lab. But they
all looked like morons. I wasnt included, but I was in the lab. So they grabbed me and a pilot because we looked somewhat "normal"
and the group that got the newspaper out there in the first place didnt have anyone in the pic. Then that magazine pic was in the Rocketeer
for one week. Ah great memories!!Talk about karma!

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Paul, I chose Rocketeer because at one time it was a favourite film, I think I fell in love with Jennifer Connelly the moment she appeared on screen.

Back to computer keyboards, I use a Macbook Pro, the keyboard for the UK version has: @€ £ $
......................................................................................................................................2 3 4 By pressing alt and y you can even get ¥

By really delving into the 'innards' you will find all sorts of foreign accents etc for all sorts of languages, mainly european but also some Greek. I just usually put a question in Google such as: How do you place an [accent or whatever]above [whatever letter] and usually there is an answer someplace. Ü ß © ® ¥*are just a few

All a bit off topic so better put on my B3, it's cold here. Come on! It is December.

Last edited:

karhu21

One of the Regulars
A 600 lb jacket...sounds like something Iron man would have Paul!
One memory of those comic books featured an ad for Lee jeans in the form of a small comic strip in which
three guys want to borrow a speedboat but the owner is reluctant to lend it.
The matter is resolved however when the owner is reassured by his friend that one of the guys is wearing Lee
jeans (Hey, its OK Brad, that guy is mature..He s the one in the Lee jeans!)
Not like the poor guy in the Charles Atlas ad getting sand kicked in his face!
On the subject of the Rocketeer movie, some questions were asked about the jacket he wore and was one available to buy also how come he never set his butt on fire!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I read all of Dave Steven's "Rocketeer" Comics when they first ran. He got it "right" right down to its shoes. Perhaps the LAST great pulp hero. I also loved that early on in the Rocketeer's career he met and had adventures with Doc Savage and The Shadow, the two greatest Pulp Heros to ever have been penned to paper. I'll always have soft spot in my heart for that name.

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR