Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

Aurora

One of the Regulars
I took that suit out of my watch list, it was getting too painful to watch!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
This Shaheen dress is exquisite. It also needs some serious work (the elastic shirring needs replacing) and it went for $500!!!

112514267_o.jpg

Smuterella

One Too Many
KittyT said:
This Shaheen dress is exquisite. It also needs some serious work (the elastic shirring needs replacing) and it went for $500!!!

112514267_o.jpg

I was watching that, its just the perfect dress, I hope whoever won it brings it back to its best

ShortClara

One Too Many
JupitersDarling said:
doggone it! I was watching this and planned to bid on it- and forgot as I was helping relatives move house. :mad: Gaaaaaaah!

9a56_1.JPG

Oh, my goodness - is that a sleeves only pattern? How remarkable! I feel your pain :(

~*Red*~

Practically Family
ShortClara said:
Oh, my goodness - is that a sleeves only pattern? How remarkable! I feel your pain :(
lol lol Thank you for saying that, I have been staring at it for awhle now trying to figure out what on earth they were.. I thought they were legs of some kind. HA HA HA as soon as I read "sleeves" it popped right out at me :eusa_doh:

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
~*Red*~ said:
lol lol Thank you for saying that, I have been staring at it for awhle now trying to figure out what on earth they were.. I thought they were legs of some kind. HA HA HA as soon as I read "sleeves" it popped right out at me :eusa_doh:
LOL!! :D Those would be a quite unusual set of legs, indeed. (though if you think of arms as forelegs, it's not too far off!)

ShortClara said:
Oh, my goodness - is that a sleeves only pattern? How remarkable! I feel your pain
Yep, sleeves only! I've only seen patterns like this for over $20 in a few places. I think I am getting the hang of the dressmaking thing and wanted some change up 40's sleeve options without needing to buy more patterns- so when I saw this one for less than $10 on the bay, I reallllly wanted it!

I just did some searching though, and found this page that details how to draft your own sleeve options, so I may try that in the meantime. There's a couple of pretty unusual options there- check out the "chinese lanterns" near the bottom of the page. lol

Mojito

One Too Many
olive bleu said:
:cry: :cry: :cry:

i only hope all these beautiful dresses went to good homes where they will be loved:(
I always feel that way too - I can live with not winning a dress if it's going to a home where it will be loved, appreciated and cared for.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
KittyT said:
This amazing top went for $150.

c3db_12.JPG

I had that on my watch list for a friend at work, I knew that it was an unusual find, apparently so did an awful lot of other ladies!!lol

Let's just hope it went to one of the the PR ladies!

Madison Paige

Familiar Face
KittyT said:
This amazing top went for $150.

c3db_12.JPG

Oh goodness. I had that on my watch list but took it off beause it was too painful to watch it go up so high, I had no idea what the final price was though. But you know, the plain sweetheart/corset type tops usualy go for about $50, so I'm actually not suprised that a top with a winged bust (something i've only seen once before on those tops) went for so much.

D

Deleted member 3716

it is unbelievably cute...

but still....105 brick for a cardigan...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart