Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
pigeon toe said:
I ended up taking a nap and missing out on this gorgeous 40's gown:

56103394_o.jpg

It only went for $35!!! :(
Ouch, that hurts!! What a price too:( I'm so sorry for your loss:(

Donna/Dante

New in Town
I missed on these:
41fd_1.JPG

and a lot of 5 awesome 50s patterns that included 2 Advance patterns for suit ensembles designed by Edith Head (pictures no longer available on the ebay site). Phooey. :(

actually cried when I was outbid on an awesome mail-order Anne Adams 'wiggle' dress pattern the likes of which I've not seen since, and I may have to attempt to draft it up from a 'minds-eye picture'. It had a buttonfront placket to about hip level, and welt pockets on the hips, and a rather pegged skirt. I was going to make it in black twill with bright pink or black & white print on the pocket welts and placket & collar, and add cuffs to the sleeves and make those in the contrasting material, because I'm contrary like that. It would have been an awesome outfit to wear to go shoot pool in. :)

-d, has terrible grammar skilz but an enviable closet.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Is this the one you were describing at dinner Kitty? It's adorable and I mourn with you but over $150? That's crazy! It wouldn't be that hard to recreate for much less money.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
imoldfashioned said:
Is this the one you were describing at dinner Kitty? It's adorable and I mourn with you but over $150? That's crazy! It wouldn't be that hard to recreate for much less money.

Yep, that's the one. It IS exquisite, but I'd never pay that much for something that I couldn't get a lot of use out of or that wasn't for a really special occasion!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Kitty what an amazing outfit! That went straight into my wish files! ;)
You'r right.. that much I can see for a formal gown or something, but not a playsuit.
Nikki

Tamamiko

One of the Regulars

ssubialdea

One of the Regulars
*sigh* I was trying to get these a while back. I was looking through some old emails and found that I still had the images. I always save pictures I see for inspiration later.
The first pic is of a sweater pattern. I didn't get it cause I don't know how to knit and figured I could sew up something close. The second one is a 1940s boudoir gown and robe. I think the set went for close to $200! It was just my size too. I made a similar gown with a white satiny material using a black and white striped fabric to accent it. I don't know if i still have it, have to dig up a picture.

sweater.jpg

blackpinkboudior002.jpg

Adele

One of the Regulars
I am such a guru at this! It actually wasn't that long ago that I ended up going to bed, completely forgetting that there was this chocolate brown cloche hat I wanted to bid on. I believe it went for $30. Now my outfit I'm currently trying to work on is hatless.

Next time though! Well, here's knocking on wood anyways!

Josephine

One Too Many
There is a blue dress I'm eyeing that would be perfect for the wedding I'm going to, and it had no bids forever, and now someone bid on it! Never mind that I was planning on bidding at the last minute. :D

katylouise

New in Town
Oooh, I've just realized that this is sort of similar to the "One that got away" thread. If it's TOO similar, feel free to delete oh ye forum Gods. :)

ssubialdea

One of the Regulars
Katie, I was eyeing that bowling dress too. I love the details on the front, and the goeble promo on the back is great, oh well $125 is too much for me too

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I'm not usually into them but that bowling dress is adorable.

I think both of these items would have been a tad too small for me but I mourn anyway.

904_023.jpg

904_020.jpg

Look at that beading! Went for over $160; worth it but too rich for my blood right now.

items838.jpg

There's no way the bottoms would have fit me but I've still got the wants for these pajamas. The fact that they went for around $25 doesn't help! I'm totally copying them, hopefully in time for QM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24