Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Pacific: In the Wake of Captain Cook with Sam Neill - what hat is he wearing

Hugerush

New in Town
Curious if anyone recognizes the hat brand or model here?
I am not 100% sure I can even tell the material.
Clearly his travel beater. I like it!
Thanks in advance for any hints.
P.S. - Not a bad doc if that is your thing. James Cook, even if ultimately he was an evil colonizer, had some serious stones. Unreal adventures...

Sam Neil Hat.jpeg

Sam Neil Hat 1.jpg

P.S. - Not a bad doc if that is your thing. James Cook, even if ultimately he was an evil colonizer, had some serious stones. Unreal adventures...

View attachment 542491

View attachment 542492
Very hard to tell from the picture. I expanded the pic and it looks to be some type of straw, perhaps a Milan. The floppy brim, to me, eliminates it being an inexpensive plasticized paper 'straw'. Depending on your size you might find a used one on Ebay...just make sure it is a real wheat straw Milan otherwise it will be stiff and you won't be able to replicate the 'rumpled' look of this one. Or, I could be wrong and it might be just a cheap corduroy hat.

View attachment 542491

View attachment 542492

It almost looks like sea grass “straw,” but the weave is too consistent. I’m not sure what it is. It has the look of an inexpensive Pacific Rim hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner