Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The PERFECT gift for my daughter's 1st of 2 birthdays...

Navin323i

Practically Family
Before I reveal the "perfect gift" I should explain my thread title... in India our festivals and holidays follow the lunar calendar as opposed to the traditional solar calendar that most of us follow here in the U.S., Europe, and elsewhere.
Therefore, the Indian festivals and holidays occur on different dates each year though usually within the same general monthly timeframe.

So going back to my daughter... she happened to be born on an extremely auspicious (for girls) Indian festival dedicated to the Hindu goddess Lakshmi (Goddess of Wealth), so she has 2 birthdays... August 27 when she was born 6 years ago, and whatever day that the festival falls on which happened to be last friday, August 20. My older brother also was born on a day coinciding with another Indian festival so he gets two birthdays too.
Of course, I got jipped and only have one birthday, LOL. :D

So for her first of two birthdays I got her the PERFECT gift... see pictures below which were taken at my younger bro's place where we celebrated her birthday...

K-Bday1.jpg

K-Bday2.jpg

K-Bday3.jpg

K-Bday4.jpg

The pink leather jacket was obtained on eBay and based on all the measurements I took of her chest, waist, etc. I got her a larger size so that she can grow into it and wear it at least for a couple of years (she's growing fast and is a very tall 1st grader) :)

Of course I had to wear my Aero NYPD jacket so we could both pose together in our favorite jackets. :D

Thanks for looking. :)

Cheers,
Navin

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
She's a cutie and the coat looks great on her. I bet it's a hit at school.

Silver Dollar

Practically Family
Every kid needs a leather jacket. They're never too young to start wearing one. She looks great in hers. I was 6 when I got my first leather jacket. It looked a lot like a G-1.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Oh my goodness it is perfect and she seems to love it not to mention she looks adorable in it. You have two very lovely children. And I love your daughters jacket I want one just like it in my size. :eusa_clap You did a great job:eusa_clap

Navin323i

Practically Family
too much coffee said:
Hi Navin!

Thanks for posting those great pictures. Your lovely daughter's jacket looks like a miniature Schott Perfecto! Fantastic gift!
I told you man.........you've got the fever!

Best regards, coffee

Haha! I forgot about the fever... so true! :D

Thanks for the kind words... she really likes the jacket.

Navin323i

Practically Family
Silver Dollar said:
Every kid needs a leather jacket. They're never too young to start wearing one. She looks great in hers. I was 6 when I got my first leather jacket. It looked a lot like a G-1.

Thanks! You're so lucky you got one when you were 6. I didn't get my first one until I was in college. :D

Navin323i

Practically Family
Grant Fan said:
Oh my goodness it is perfect and she seems to love it not to mention she looks adorable in it. You have two very lovely children. And I love your daughters jacket I want one just like it in my size. :eusa_clap You did a great job:eusa_clap

Thank you so much for the kind words, ma'am. My kids are a definite blessing and the greatest gift from God. Best days of my life were when I got married and lived to see the days that both my baby girls were born. :)

I'm sure you could get this jacket in your size... the one I got for my daughter was obtained on eBay.

On a separate note I like your avatar picture... you're very photogenic. :)

Cheers!
Navin

Navin323i

Practically Family
andy richards said:
Hi Navin,
Congratulations with your daughter and what a nice gift! She looks very nice in the jacket. I hope she wears in good health :) .
Cheers,
Andy

Hey Andy!

Thank you so much, Bro! My only worry is that she's growing taller by the day... so hopefully she gets to use this jacket long enough before outgrowing it. The nice thing is that Daughter #2 will get to use it too later on when she's older. :D

Cheers,
Navin

Ace Rimmer

One of the Regulars
That's one lucky little girl! :eusa_clap

Navin323i said:
Thanks! You're so lucky you got one when you were 6. I didn't get my first one until I was in college. :D

Yeah, same here. I think I got mine just as I was leaving for college. It was a mall-brand Wilson's leather jacket but I loved it all the same.

Now that I've got a stable of Vansons and Aeros, my dad took back my old leather jacket for himself. I think he figure he spent $250 twenty years ago and dammit he's gonna continue to get value from it! lol

Navin323i

Practically Family
Ace Rimmer said:
That's one lucky little girl! :eusa_clap

Yeah, same here. I think I got mine just as I was leaving for college. It was a mall-brand Wilson's leather jacket but I loved it all the same.

Now that I've got a stable of Vansons and Aeros, my dad took back my old leather jacket for himself. I think he figure he spent $250 twenty years ago and dammit he's gonna continue to get value from it! lol

Thanks Ace! How funny... my first leather jacket was also a Wilsons jacket. :D

Another company bought out Wilsons so now they basically sell at outlets, airports, and online only... no more stores at the malls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo