Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Powell from Matt Deckard Apparel

carldelo

One Too Many
First run, and they will are exactly the same as the prototype. I've also got a couple new designs to showcase. What would you guys think of a shorter brim with a wide ribbon? Very James Cagney in Public Enemies.

This sounds very interesting - I do love a 1930s style 2-1/4" brim...

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
First run, and they will are exactly the same as the prototype. I've also got a couple new designs to showcase. What would you guys think of a shorter brim with a wide ribbon? Very James Cagney in Public Enemies.

I would love to see a 2 1/4 inch brim (high rear flange with flatter front swoop), 2 1/8 inch ribbon (frayed end bow or "winged" bow), and 6 Inch 52 blocked crown. The perfect hat in my opinion.

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Now that the the FFIII Stratoliner project is officially dead, I have some saved-up hat money on my hands. I'd love to read some first-impressions from you guys after you receive your first-run Powells; a hat in that color and dimensions would complement my wardrobe nicely.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
That's it for that button, now where's my dog?

402028_10150538679373811_642563810_9204315_1519369313_n.jpg

Big_Papi_T

New in Town
OH MAN! Your killing me Matt! :faint:
I don't recall if mine is a 1st or 2nd run order....oh, the anticipation....:pray:

First run, and they will are exactly the same as the prototype.

WUNDERBAR!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I've also got a couple new designs to showcase. What would you guys think of a shorter brim with a wide ribbon? Very James Cagney in Public Enemies.

While I personally like the larger brimmed hats (I'm a good sized guy afterall), I think it'd be a great idea for those who like Fedoras but don't think they could pull off the larger brim. I know my nephew really likes the look of "The Powell," but the Cagney style would probably look better on him than it would on me....jes' sayin'. ;)

Big_Papi_T

New in Town
Been nearly a month since the last update. Did anyone receive one of Matt's hats yet?

Nope. :cry:

It's funny you ask, as I was just getting ready to post to ask for an update on the 1st runs myself. I'm sure Matt will speak to the issue, but I had received an email a week or so ago stating that there was an unforseen delay due to some issue(s) with some of the fur felt blanks.

Beyond that I'm anxiously watching each day for a package to be delivered! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925