Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Powell from Matt Deckard Apparel

Marcus

A-List Customer
Here's a question for the masses...what do think of pairing the bone white Powell with Palm Beach Suit? Too much white? Panama Hat better?? I'm FINALLY getting my hands on PB suit and thought this hat would look good with it and maybe my brown/white spectators.

All opinions welcome...I'll probably get a Powell regardless.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Just my .02

The original palm beach suit, not the currently made lower end suits, is a tropical summer weight suit. I can't imagine a fur felt hat with the PB suit. My opinion is to go with a panama hat, either classic fedora or optimo crease.

Big_Papi_T

New in Town
By the by, The Powell in special order black looks just like Toht's hat from Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Solid black?!? Matt, your killing me!!!
faint.gif

Big_Papi_T

New in Town
Wearing the Powell in 2 countries @ once!!

Thought I'd share a photo taken earlier today (09/05) after a friends casual afternoon wedding at the Peace Arch State Park in Blaine Washington. I'm standing with one foot in Canada (to your viewing left) & the other in the USA (to your right).

I don't know if this is a first or not, but as you can see the Powell is being worn in two countries at once!! :D lol

Heather-Marks-Wedding_09-05-2012010.jpg

Last edited:

m0nk

One Too Many
I've been keeping an eye on this thread since it's creation and have to say I've been tempted more than once; especially after seeing the custom one with black ribbon. I'm just not sure I could wear the dimensions well. Tall crowns work if the crease is deep (and I've seen "his" crease, it's nice and deep), but the brim is a tad wide for my small head. I typically wear a size 7 and anything over 2 3/8" looks out of place on my head and 2 1/4" looks best (see my avatar). Does it come with custom brim widths by any chance?

It would likely be a while before I could swing it, but I thought I'd check just to know whether I could add it to my list. Thanks.

ToucanSam23

New in Town
Hey Matt, are you still making your hats? After seeing (and reblogging) your post on Tumblr about your new shirts I visited your website and I can't seem to find the hats page... I could just be overlooking it for some reason...

Thanks

ToucanSam23

New in Town
Oh my! And just as I was about to buy one... Surprising what you miss after a short absence from the Lounge, isn't it? I apologize for asking my question before searching; this place becomes a mess after you haven't been around for a while.

Well, I guess I finally have a use for this link.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner