Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Rat Patrol

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
May not have been real historically accurate but it was an entertaining show! Christopher George and Erik Brayden I recall.....

50 Gold

One of My Favorites

That was one of my favorites as a kid. What kid could resist those jumping Jeeps and 50 caliber machine guns?
From what I understand the show was based (rather loosely) on actual experiments and attacks using Jeeps with mounted .50's for hit and run tactics to fight Rommel.
My Dad was a WWII veteran (in the European Theatre) and I remember him telling me about seeing a .50 caliber machine gun mounted on a Jeep. The Jeep driver put on a demonstration for the gawking G.I.'s. With no one in the Jeep but himself, he put it in neutral and climbed up behind the .50 and started firing. The Jeep began rolling backwards from recoil of the heavy machine gun. Those .50's were awesome. :jeep:

Feraud

Bartender
50 Gold said:
My Dad was a WWII veteran (in the European Theatre) and I remember him telling me about seeing a .50 caliber machine gun mounted on a Jeep. The Jeep driver put on a demonstration for the gawking G.I.'s. With no one in the Jeep but himself, he put it in neutral and climbed up behind the .50 and started firing. The Jeep began rolling backwards from recoil of the heavy machine gun. Those .50's were awesome. :jeep:
That is a great story from your dad! :)

BJD1880

New in Town
Interestingly, Eric Braeden was billed as "Hans Gudegast as Colonel Dietrich"...
Chris George and Gary Moffitt had the leads... too bad about Chris George-- died way too early at 46.

Is Eric Braeden still in the soap opera "The Young and the Restless"?

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeah we have to rationalize that Hans Gudegast immigrated to the US after the war and is now living a soap opera life!
ROTFLMAO.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda