Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Roll Up Panama, Optimo, Colonial or Natural

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Carlisle Blues said:
Vic and Hungry Tom pure beauty.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Thank you, pure beauty is the reason why I save it from being rolled up.
I know it is possible but I simply like it too much the way as it is - unrolled.
It wanders sometimes into the bathroom for a few days to get some steambaths.

Dear Gents,

Beautiful Optimos!!!!

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
DOUGLAS said:
Beautiful hats Gene.

Thanks, man.

They aren't the weave count of Tom's & Vic's but I love 'em just the same. In fact, they may be a little more utilitarian. I'd hate to have them damaged but if disaster struck, I'm only out a few dollars. Also, although I've been wisely cautioned not to allow them to get wet for fear of brim deformation, I must confess that water is what I have used several times to shape my Panama straws. I dampen them through and through, the straw becomes malleable, I position the brim or crown as needed and keep tweaking until it dries, sometimes hastening it with very light exposure to a low temp hair dryer.

So, it's possible that due to the courser weave, these may be a little sturdier in the unpredictable weather of Florida's summers. [huh]

Oh, and I do not roll them either. I would only try this with a very supple hat which does not have a leather sweatband sewn in. Even with those, it is common knowledge that you sacrifice the shape of the hat for the practicality - or fetish - of rolling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany