Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Sale of NOS Johnnyphi hats begins.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
scotrace said:
You'll remember Johnyyphi's extraordinary thread "Newbie. Lucky or Sucker? You Decide?"
In this thread and others, we learned that our new member Johnnyphi had quite accidentally happened upon something we've discussed here often as a fantasy: A large stock of unsold NOS vintage clothing and hats. LARGE being the operative word. It seemed too good to be true, and many of us may have been skeptical early on.
We want to reassure you that we have spent a great deal of time getting to know Johnnyphi, have spoken with him via phone, and some of us have sat down face to face over dinner with him. Our first concern was to make sure the whole story was on the level. Johnnyphi, we who have come to know him a bit are all agreed, is a responsible, true gentleman with an honest desire to A. offer Loungers a quite rare opportunity to be the first owners of hats made decades ago, and B., give back to the Lounge in sharing what he has discovered in the exhaustive processes of identifying, sorting and preparing these hats for new homes. The hats you will have the chance to buy in the coming weeks may be purchased in full confidence in the seller and the process. We would not be bending the rules a bit if we did not feel this was a one-of-a-kind opportunity for our members.
The hats will be sold via auction in a series of threads in the MERCHANTS section. You may post your BID in the thread. The minimum bid increment is $5. Each hat will be well identified and photographed. If you have questions about a particular hat, please FIRST search the Fedora Lounge for information about that hat brand and style before asking your questions in thread. Bartenders will be helping to handle the load of answering questions as well. Condition of each hat is NOS - New Old Stock. As Marc Chevalier once pointed out, NOS does NOT necessarily equal PERFECT. Any storage, fading or insect damage will be honestly noted in the description.
Each sale period/thread will be up for one week.
This first run is a trial and the process will get tweaked along the way.
The final winning bidder at auction close (which Johnnyphi will note), will be responsible for sending Johnnyphi a PM with their PayPal address (PayPal ONLY), and the winner will then receive an invoice for the winning amount, $15 shipping, and $5 handling ($20).
You may also PM questions about hats or the process to me, Zohar or AlanC.

Good Luck. We think this will be fun. It is a Fedora Lounge exclusive.

Can someone more gifted than I please send me a link to the original post referred to above? I've been searching diligently for over an hour to no avail. Whoever guides me to the original story from johnnyphi will be saving my computer from an ignominious death by ball peen hammer. Thanks so much.

toobacat

One of the Regulars
randooch said:
Can someone more gifted than I please send me a link to the original post referred to above? I've been searching diligently for over an hour to no avail. Whoever guides me to the original story from johnnyphi will be saving my computer from an ignominious death by ball peen hammer. Thanks so much.

The original thread is here.

duggap

Banned
Johnnyphi, is that it for the auction, or are you going to be able to put up some more hats. If you are done, how about giving us a report. Was auctioning them off on the FL a success for you. It was fun while it lasted.:eusa_clap

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
Working on a new process...

I do have more hats, and I'm working on a process to sell them in a more traditional web-store setting. I have a good friend who is helping me set up the site. I also started a new job this week, so it may be a while before I can get it up and running.

To answer your question... The auctions have been very successful! Thanks again to everyone who participated!

duggap said:
Johnnyphi, is that it for the auction, or are you going to be able to put up some more hats. If you are done, how about giving us a report. Was auctioning them off on the FL a success for you. It was fun while it lasted.:eusa_clap

johnnyphi said:
I do have more hats, and I'm working on a process to sell them in a more traditional web-store setting. I have a good friend who is helping me set up the site. I also started a new job this week, so it may be a while before I can get it up and running.

To answer your question... The auctions have been very successful! Thanks again to everyone who participated!
According to your photo album, all of the 7 1/2 hats are sold. Do you have more of the larger sizes?

Jabos

A-List Customer
I am selling a Johnnyphi 7 3/8 in the classifieds. I purchased it from a lounger who bought it new, but didn't like the way it fit. Details in the ad. I joined FL just at the end of the really good Johnnyphi auctions and felt lucky to buy this hat. Now I must part with it to purchase a new Art hat on order.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112