Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE SATIN FINISH/LONG HAIR CLUB

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Any blue hat is cause for celebration OCMH but your's is particularly fine. I only got one from BSHW because I was too impatient to wait for a vintage one to find me. Congrats!

BTW, it's "mikes pens" not Mike Spens. Your not the first to mistake my handle, it's only clear as mud. I think there may be a thread somewhere that tackles the mysteries of our handles. Mine is from my original Ebay OCD of collecting vintage fountain pens and I'm too lazy to change it. Since 1999.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
1920s Stetson Clear Nutria velour

ze4erumy.jpg

4uba2a5u.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
1950's Stetson Semi-Long Hair Lightweight Felt

I just received this one this past weekend. I don't usually wear 1950's hats in their original form (I usually convert 50's hats to 20's/30's styles) but this one is SO COOL! I am going to wear it just as it is. The felt isn't super lightweight, but most definitely a lighter weight than a Standard 50's Stetson Dress Weight hat. The liner is made of a ventilated mesh material more than likely meant for spring/summer wearing. The off white patterned pug is a great addition to the semi-long haired felt.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up

Agree! That's a keeper Josh.

Great combo on that one, Josh :eusa_clap

Josh, Great find! Also great look plus condition!

Thanks so much for all the wonderful comments on my new Stetson, Gentlemen!!! I am not usually a fan of Pugs on felt hats, but I am really diggin' this one! I barely took it off yesterday. :)

RLK hasn't been posting regularly as of late, Tim, and he definitely is a wealth of knowledge. It might be best to send him a PM so that when he does stop by he'll see your question.

You are likely correct in thinking both hats are very close in age.

paratroopertim

New in Town
Thank you 1mach1 and hats. I know some very smart people have gave me dates on this hat already im just trying to get as much input as possible. I had just seen a post of a borsalino with the exact same manufacture tag and even size stamp color. With uranio in the same position and his hat is from the 40s. So im still a little skeptical about the 60s to 70s timeline. Plus the fact a family member of the original owner said it dates from the 40s. I just want to be totally sure.

Last edited:
I'm all about being certain, and thorough, and I completely respect the quest. You're definitely on a solid trail to either confirm or clarify the date.

If you do prove the hat to be from the later time, what will you tell that family member? This could create a whole new set of problems (arguments) in the family! Over a HAT! :eusa_doh: :D

paratroopertim

New in Town
Hatsrme I have heard enough name dropping and no real info from you. so please subside from getting involved in my posts. we already talked about this before. I am trying to find someone that can show me this is actually a 60s hat, I have yet to see any proof of date on this, not just someone following other replies to mine. If you don't have any actual info please just keep your opinion to your self..Obviously you have no knowledge on this piece so just stop it. Im not being rude im just frustrated by people like you that have nothing to offer other than hearsay. If you have anything pertinent to this post than you are more than welcome to reply. Otherwise find something else to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic