Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Seven Best Hat Stores in America

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Hi Sam

When I talked to Jack a few months ago, he was sending out some hats for Prince's show. I pick up a third Sun Body from him on Friday (I hope). I didn't exactly expect to see Buckaroo Hatters, Jaxonbilt, or any of the good Western hat places on the list. Gary White should have been on the list as should Art Fawcett.

Later

Mike is right.
In my dismay over WHW being left out I didn't think about Art being neglected.
Stinks, man.
Maybe it's like that silly list of the 100 best American films. For crying out loud!
We're sticking up for you Art!

Also, since hearing from the rest of you about your lack of hat shops, I've come to realize just what a true Gem Wichita Hat Works is.

Even with today's gas prices, only driving a couple hours to get to such a place is a real blessing.

Sam

T Rick

Practically Family
Mike is right.
In my dismay over WHW being left out I didn't think about Art being neglected.
Stinks, man.
Maybe it's like that silly list of the 100 best American films. For crying out loud!
We're sticking up for you Art!

Also, since hearing from the rest of you about your lack of hat shops, I've come to realize just what a true Gem Wichita Hat Works is.

Even with today's gas prices, only driving a couple hours to get to such a place is a real blessing.

Sam

Art doesn't belong on the list. As another already stated, he's not a store. He is purely a Custom Hat maker (and from everything I've read, one of the best! Hope to have something from him in the next year). Some Custom Hatters are also stores (I think Optimo qualifies). But VS is in another list entirely (one that by far trumps this one).

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Since I've never been to any of the stores mentioned, I can't compare (and I am reminding myself that I HAVE to get down to J & J's some time). But I wonder where Bencraft Hatters in Brooklyn would rank.

fmw

One Too Many
Don't feel bad. I suspect nobody from GQ has been to any of those hat shops either.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Agreed. They named a vintage shop in Cleveland as one of the best in the Country while it was changing ownership. At the time, it was absolutely terrible.

DoolittleRaider

Familiar Face
I read GQ quite frequently, but i wouldnt say that its my guide to how i dress. far from it actually. idk if yall notice the writing style of the magazine, but to me it seems very modern and snobbish, like "oh, look at me!" granted, people my age want to look more like james bond than create there own style, idk why, because its more fun to create your own look i think.

i went to meyers in New Orleans when i vacationed to go see the WWII museum, i have to say, its quite nice. i bought my first fedora from them and im still wearing to this day. i wore it to the airport and the TSA officail asked if he could try it on and he loved it.

meyers may be nice and has sentimentality to it, but being from the DFW metroplex, i got to give a shoutout to my favorite Hat shop in the entire world Peters Bros Hats in Ft. Worth. ive never met guys so friendly and eager to meet the needs of the customer. TRUE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

RBH

Bartender
If you truly LOVE hats and live up here in N. Texas, Peter Bros. is THE place to get your hats. My family has gone to them since 1954 . :)

You are right, if you are ever in that part of Texas... you got to go see Joe.

fedorafestiii169.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart