Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Stratoliner Society {VINTAGE}

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
The pin on top is a modern reproduction.

2113b4b1.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
That's a beauty!

Couldn't agree more. Beautiful color, and absolutely pristine condition.

Tom -- in reviewing this thread over the last couple days, I noticed that I failed to answer a question you posed on dating this lid (over a year ago...:eeek:). Apologies! :eek:

I think that circa 1950/51 would be a pretty fair bet for this one. Very nice!

Cheers,
JtL

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Another thing to keep in mind about the pins. The RIGHT Stratoliner pin (TWA markings, approx. same size as the DC-3) has the plane flying towards the back of the hat. (A dorky look most agree.) The other Stratoliner pin I found (slightly larger) doesn't have the TWA markings, but the plane is flying towards the front of the hat.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Anticipating membership...

Realizing that I don't have the real thing despite having a few hats around the house that resemble a Stratoliner, I finally found this example today.

5334295610_a30005260c_b.jpg
5334295350_c6259d96de_b.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Realizing that I don't have the real thing despite having a few hats around the house that resemble a Stratoliner, I finally found this example today.

Are you sure? Looks like you may have come across a Stetson Stag-o-liner...:D

OK, seriously -- looks like an older one. Nice.

Cheers,
JtL

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Very nice set.
My box had already lost its cardboard sleeve and paper by the time it made its way to me.

At $90 I am sure that I paid too much for this box but since it had the info sheet with it, I HAD to have it. I had never, ever seen that sheet before (or heard of it, for that matter) and I guessed it was very rare. Anyway, there you have it.

RBH

Bartender
At $90 I am sure that I paid too much for this box but since it had the info sheet with it, I HAD to have it. I had never, ever seen that sheet before (or heard of it, for that matter) and I guessed it was very rare. Anyway, there you have it.

Yours was the first sheet I had seen.
As far as to much.. I dont think so. If you could have gotten it for 20... would have been better.
But as you say.. you have the whole set up now.
I like it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points