Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Stratoliner Society {VINTAGE}

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
The Flagship is a different hat from the Stratoliner. Here's a good example:

1949FlagshipCadetBlue.jpg

Would love to see photos of the Strat DeLuxe (including interior of the hat)!

Cheers,
JtL

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
The Flagship is a different hat from the Stratoliner. Here's a good example:

1949FlagshipCadetBlue.jpg

Would love to see photos of the Strat DeLuxe (including interior of the hat)!

Cheers,
JtL

Pokes her head in here merely to drool over Dana....

I will take one -just- like that...wearer and all

I happen to have a Royal DeLuxe Stratoliner, fastball, but I couldn't tell you what, if anything, absolutely distinguishes it from the other versions. It IS lined (some Stratoliners aren't), and it DOES have a windstring (some don't), and its ribbon treatment is a tad unusual, but I can't say that it's superior overall to the other Stratoliners I've encountered.

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Miss Neecerie said:
Pokes her head in here merely to drool over Dana....

I will take one -just- like that...wearer and all

Dana Andrews and a DC-4? Heck, that's "Zero Hour"! If you liked "Airplane," go find a bootleg copy of Zero Hour and I guarantee you'll love it. Besides Andrews, it features Sterling Hayden at his Sterling Hayden-est. "Guess I picked the wrong week to quit smokin'."

Newteh

New in Town
Looking for a Stetson Stratoliner

Hello all,

This is a long shot but I am looking for anyone who may have a Stetson Stratoliner in grey, cream or brown that is a size 59 or 7 3/8 (roughly 23")

If you are looking to sell for whatever reason and that hat is in reasonable condition then please get in contact.

Any links or leads would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Newton

EricH

One of the Regulars
Consider an older Open Road too. Easier to find and with older ones nearly identical.

Eric
( 7 3/8 sorry you can't have mine [huh] )

RBH

Bartender

Newteh

New in Town
Thank you all for your help.

I did try eBay but no luck with sizes. I have considered alternatives, I am after this particular hat because I saw it in a picture. So now I'm set on one :)

I already own a Akubra Federation in brown which I wear often. People say this is similar to the Campdraft. For some reason the crown on mine is fairly low compared to the images I see of Strats.

On another note, what is OFAS?

I will continue my search, if anyone knows of other websites aside from eBay that sell vintage hats then please link me.

Regards,

Newton

Newteh

New in Town
Out of interest would the the Akubra Squatter be an equally similar hat to the Strat?

Regards,

Newton

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Newteh said:
Out of interest would the the Akubra Squatter be an equally similar hat to the Strat?

Regards,

Newton

Newteh, some here hold that the Alessandro by Borsalino is a good Strat stand-in. BTW welocme to the Lounge! Nice to see you as a posting member.

dean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot