Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The toughest hat

Who?

Practically Family
I hereby cast one (1) vote for Akubra.

You might want to snag one now, before the new owners (inevitably) begin to tinker with things.

One last word from me: if you want to spend a little more and go for a custom make, I can vouch for the ruggedness of my Northwest Hats 100% beaver fedora. I think I paid 400 for mine way back in late 2018 or early 2019 (can’t remember right now) but he has been my go-to travel hat ever since. Structurally he is still as sound today as he was the day I received him, and he’s been completely around the world once and spent an entire year on the truck with me as well as numerous trips to Europe and Asia. Can’t promise every hat Northwest makes would perform so well, but mine certainly has.

That box is at the bottom of a huge stack, so no photos right now.
Mike uses Winchester beaver as his standard. So there good reason to believe all of his hats would stand up as well. I have 9 or 10 of Mike's hats, beaver & rabbit and all are brilliant.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
I'm in the process of learning how to rehab old worn hats.

My old worn Campdraft is pretty tough. I could slap you in the face with it and make you tell me how to treat my hats better.

My old worn Campdraft is pretty tough. I could slap you in the face with it and make you tell me how to treat my hats better.
I think that is a great upside of buying an inexpensive hat like the Campdraft....made to be worn and abused. When you have worn it out, celebrate the journey and buy a new one.

Who?

Practically Family

Interesting.

I’m not sure slapping someone in the face with my hat would be a thing I would think of doing.

EinarsM

Vendor
I have an adventure line in my collection. Made from Western Felt but crafted as a Fedora. Often made from older western hats as an upcycle project. I usually craft them without liners for a better breathable experience. Though, liners are included. Feel free to reach out!

www.hufvud.com

PSX_20231001_154847_1500.jpg
PSX_20231001_154900_1500.jpg
PSX_20231001_155056_1500.jpg
PSX_20231001_155113_1500.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner