Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Well Dressed Monster

Sertsa said:
No one's mentioned Vincent Price? OK, he was an actor, not a character, but about every monster he played had a special style:

vincent-price01.jpg

vincent%20price_01.jpg

And of all the monster movies on late-night TV I watched as a kid, nothing had the impact of a Vincent Price movie where he sends someone binoculars with spikes in them. I seriously doubt I've ever put binoculars to my eyes without making sure they can be seen through first. (Not an active paranoia, just one of those things you don't really realize you do, but you do).

Well, The Invisible Man was sort of a monster and he was well dressed as a character. :D

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Hey, somebody post a photo of The Munsters.!!

There was Fred in a Frankenstein suit

Lilly, played by the lovely Yvonne DeCarlo, with her streaked hair and classic gown

Gramps, in classic vampire dress

The werewolf son, can't recall his name, in Lord Fauntleroy garb

And, most bizarre of all, their daughter Marilyn, who looked about as "normal" mid-60's Miss American Pie as anyone could.

karol

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
George Hamilton...

... played an elegant looking vampire in Love At First Bite.

Hamilton always dressed elegantly.

http.//imagecache2.allposters.com/IMAGES/MMPH263231.jpg

Hope that displays, not in monster drag there, but what a classy dresser he is/was.

karol

K.D. Lightner said:
Thank you, James.

A nice, well-dressed family, huh?

Marily looks like a college sorority girl, or at least the way they looked when I attended college.

karol

They are well dressed indeed. A little uninterested in Herman's t-shirt look but....;) :p
You went to college in a much more interesting era than I did. They went half dressed when I went to college which was not exactly conducive to study for a young man. ;)

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for posting the Hamilton poster, James.

I went to colleged during a very conservative period, later to grad school during a transitional period, so I got in on everything: the gal's styles went from preppy girl to granny gowns, the guys from stove-pipe pants and skinny ties to long hair and love beads.

karol

K.D. Lightner said:
Thanks for posting the Hamilton poster, James.

I went to colleged during a very conservative period, later to grad school during a transitional period, so I got in on everything: the gal's styles went from preppy girl to granny gowns, the guys from stove-pipe pants and skinny ties to long hair and love beads.

karol

Thank God I missed the last part. ;) :p

Down2BDapper

Familiar Face
Someone already mentioned Fester, but let's not forget the true fashion plate of the Addams clan, Gomez.

ojijwg.jpg

I also submit for your approval...

Leatherface.

4kbhap.jpg

Mr. Leatherface can be seen here in basic black suit and tie with white collared shirt. Perfect for funerals, dinner parties, or chasing young women through the Texas countryside. He accessorizes the ensemble with a lovely womans face mask and a chainsaw for good measure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo