Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Well Dressed Monster

Feraud

Bartender
LizzieMaine said:
mmy_020BorisKarloff.jpg

I've always enjoyed The Mummy's distinctive ethnic flair. Note the snappy pairing of fez and elegant walking stick.
I always thought Karloff looked cool in that outfit. Come to think of it Karloff looked great in many of the characters he played.

Marc Chevalier said:
Night of the Living 'Mad Men':
Very funny! lol

If I can remember correctly, Henry Hull was a well dressed Werewolf of London.

Sertsa

One of the Regulars
No one's mentioned Vincent Price? OK, he was an actor, not a character, but about every monster he played had a special style:

vincent-price01.jpg

vincent%20price_01.jpg

And of all the monster movies on late-night TV I watched as a kid, nothing had the impact of a Vincent Price movie where he sends someone binoculars with spikes in them. I seriously doubt I've ever put binoculars to my eyes without making sure they can be seen through first. (Not an active paranoia, just one of those things you don't really realize you do, but you do).

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Another monster well, kind of monster who had style, was Morticia Addams from the "Addams Family".

Quoting here >>> " She even crept her way onto many a runway this season, including Max Azria" among others! ;)
Let's face it, black is King on the catwalk ( not only only the catwalk but everywhere really), so yes, monsters got it right after all !:D

morticia-addams-style-inspiration.jpg
photo on the left from March 4 2009

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner