Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the widest longest jacket hanger in the world...for your heavy jacks

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
in the last 6months i've gone gonzo again over jacks...been buying a buncho motorcycle leather jackets and need new hangers that won't mess them up.

had bought some nice wood 20" hangers with thick ends that were great, but just bought a schott 641, and have a vanson drifter on order, plus a very cool ducati historical horsehide (sorry, gotta brag...my wallet's crying tho)...hence the search to buy some more hangers.

well, i might have found the perfect hanger. 23" long plus big shoulders...haven't bought yet, but thought i'd share. my forum pal peacoat (aka legume jacket) has written he has so many jacks he just throws them on the closet floor. tsk tsk. this might be an answer, tho not inexpensive:

http://www.discountxl.com/25-460.htm

and no, i'm not in any way associated with this hanger. i've just spent hours looking at crap on google, and then came across this, which is the best i could find. welcome any others that compare.

p.s. just checked 'em again. American made. cool.

Last edited:

Lear

One of the Regulars
Hi johnyjohny. I don't post here much these days, but I do remember researching my first Aero. Your posts were very helpful. Thanks for that.

Anyway, getting tired of dumping my FQHH on the floor. Would everyone agree that Aero coats wouldn't suffer from being left on these hangers?

Lear

IXL

One Too Many
I recently posted that this hanger is available from Aerostitch, for one source. They work very well and the hook is rubber mounted so the huge hanger can "give" if it needs to, depending on the amount of area in the closet.
I think your source might be a bit cheaper.

IXL

One Too Many
Hi johnyjohny. I don't post here much these days, but I do remember researching my first Aero. Your posts were very helpful. Thanks for that.

Anyway, getting tired of dumping my FQHH on the floor. Would everyone agree that Aero coats wouldn't suffer from being left on these hangers?

Lear

I would think heavy jackets would benefit the most from a hanger of this type. The entire shoulder area is supported by the large, sweeping radius of the hanger, reducing stress that would otherwise be on the seams and just a small part of the shoulder.

Edward

Bartender
Nice hangers, pity they only seem to be available in the US (I looked into shipping, but it would cost way more than they are worth, alas).

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
from the response sounds like this is an appreciated hanger. will be getting a few. i've found tho that if you can find 20" hangers with thick wood ends (if you pardon the untoward and unmeant double meaning) they can be enhanced (so to speak) by draping a towel over them prior to putting a jacket on them. this keeps lines and creases from forming from the wood if the jacket itself doesn't have a thick lining, and it allows you to position the jacket just right on the hanger, whereas without the towel the jacket will slide only into one position on the hanger. also, the towel makes the hanger thicker for better breadth.

but i'm going for these hangers, a few anyway.

alfyman

One of the Regulars
from the response sounds like this is an appreciated hanger. will be getting a few. i've found tho that if you can find 20" hangers with thick wood ends (if you pardon the untoward and unmeant double meaning) they can be enhanced (so to speak) by draping a towel over them prior to putting a jacket on them. this keeps lines and creases from forming from the wood if the jacket itself doesn't have a thick lining, and it allows you to position the jacket just right on the hanger, whereas without the towel the jacket will slide only into one position on the hanger. also, the towel makes the hanger thicker for better breadth.

but i'm going for these hangers, a few anyway.

Thank you so much, Truly I had an eastman B3 that It was kind of almost ruined because I didn't follow the proper way to store it. I used a hanger that made bumps in the shoulders..I sold it after that. I'm sure somebody here"in the lounge owns it", I have gotten over it and bought other jackets..laying in my closet for now not hanging.. thanks for this..

I was thinking of just making my own, but these should work. My jackets are pretty huge, and I hate hanging them because of hangers. Thanks for the info.

too much coffee

Practically Family
For awhile now I have followed brother Peacoat's method of storing leather jackets..........throw 'em on the floor of the closet. Makes 'em tougher and the skins and linings will not be put under stress from hanging. If I'm not wearing my jackets for awhile, like the summertime in southern Arizona, I just go into the closet every once in a while and kick the crap out of the pile of jackets.....just to remind them who's boss and to not give the creases/folds too much time to set up.
Also easier to hide or camouflage newer aquisitions by blending in with jackets of known ownership.

Regards,
coffee

I've been doing something similar with some of them. I have large bins that I use to fold them in half, and close 'em up. If I had the room, I'd get a big cedar chest for all my jackets. As it is, I have a small Craftsman house without much closet space...

One of the Regulars
Also easier to hide or camouflage newer aquisitions by blending in with jackets of known ownership. >>>

Coffee: that's the sentence of the year!:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran