Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Wolfman

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
The Wolfman remake is back on track with Joe (Rocketeer) Johnston directing. Here's an interview with make-up man Rick Baker and here's a pic:

wolfman2.jpg

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
oh lord...i heard about this...i don't know...don't judge a book by its cover but..the wolfman?? another super classic being remade...hollywood must be in real trouble...lol

Edward

Bartender
Loved the original. not sure whether we need a remake (as a rule, I prefer something new), but this could be interesting given the director. I'll go and see it. I would be worried that (as with so many remakes) they'd cheat us out of the original's tragic ending by replacing it with some improbable and sacharine ATALHEE nonsense.... I'm reminded here of An American Werewolf in Paris. The original London film was great, and I did genuinely enjoy the sequel, but I felt it lost a lot of its power by shoe-horning in a happy ending rather than the downbeat ending of the first. Again, though, it's hardly a sappy mainstream director they have employed here, so it could be great...

Those prosthetics look superb.

Doh!

One Too Many
I didn't realize that Rick Baker was involved, nor that they were doing "practical" effects (I assumed more CGI crap). This increases my interest 1000%. The Wolf Man is my favorite Universal monster, although the movie is not as great as, say, Frankenstein.

Sounds promising.

drjones

A-List Customer
wolfman

I SO cant wait for this one. I watch the original CONSTANTLY. But then again ALL the Universal films of that day and age seem worthy of that. There was just something special in them. Still IS.

In my humble opinion.

DRJONES

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I love everything....

... werewolf, will go see it. The photo looks neat, a really nasty looking werewolf -- and closer to the original than most.

I wonder if they are sticking to the original story? If so, who is playing Claude Raines role? He played the father of the wolfman.

karol

Green Falcon

New in Town
I'm a little bit disappointed that they buried Benicio Del Toro under so much prosthetics --

Check out this pic that they snapped of him and Rick Baker a few months ago -- He was told to "go wolf" so that they could get an idea of his facial movements, etc. -- He's got the wolf angle down with just his own hair and facial expressions. They didn't need to put him under tons of latex and fur.....

wolfman-del-toro.jpg

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Like Jack Nicholson in the movie, Wolf.

There wasn't too much difference between Jack Nicholson and a werewolf. Who needed much makeup?

Sometimes less is more.

karol

mike

Call Me a Cab
drjones said:
I SO cant wait for this one. I watch the original CONSTANTLY. But then again ALL the Universal films of that day and age seem worthy of that. There was just something special in them. Still IS.

In my humble opinion.

DRJONES

I agree! I'm a complete fan of the Laemmle-run Univeral. the Wolfman's already when the company got handed over the money men, although it still succeeds.

I'm a firm believer in the golden age era of films, but if remakes were outlawed, you would never have Whale's Frankenstein or Invisible Man, Brownings Dracula or Mark of the Vampire or Siodmak's Wolfman either as they were all made prior in way or another. I have a copy of the silent Wolf's Blood I've been meaning to watch. Maybe this weekend.. I'll sink my teeth into it :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy