Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thedi Cafe Racer - a very nice surprise

dan_t

Practically Family
Hi all,
My most recent acquisition came via Pawnieguy (this is the 2nd jacket that I've bought from him). So not a new jacket, just new to me.
I thought I'd write a brief review and post some pic's as I haven't really seen a great deal of commentary about Thedi leathers around here.

First impressions are; WOW!

This jacket is essentially an homage to a J-100, but provides it's own take on the café racer theme.
It is made from Italian Veg tanned Front Quarter Horsehide, but you wouldn't recognise it. It is some of the softest leather that I have dealt with, yet still quite substantial. I'd describe it as a mid weight leather, although I'm not sure if it is or if it has just been tanned to feel like one.
The stitching is flawless & to say that this is still a hand-made jacket is amazing. I can't fault it in any way.
Honestly, I am at a loss as to why this particular brand hasn't been mentioned much more around here. Based upon this example, I would urge anyone who is looking for this type of jacket to at the very least consider them.

Compared to my Aero FQHH Sheene, you wouldn't even think that the hide comes from the same animal. It even makes my Aero Goatskin feel, hmmm, tough. This is currently my go-to jacket & the one that's most likely to get the most wear I'd say....

Here are some pic's;

Thedi%20Cafe%20Racer%2022%20of%2030-9_zpshnxedydy.jpg

Thedi%20Cafe%20Racer%2027%20of%2030-13_zps86glmsgw.jpg

Thedi%20Cafe%20Racer%2023%20of%2030-10_zpsete3flrn.jpg

Thedi%20Cafe%20Racer%2025%20of%2030-11_zpsi71ia95z.jpg

Thedi%20Cafe%20Racer%2028%20of%2030-14_zpsasg1cmju.jpg

Thedi%20Cafe%20Racer%2029%20of%2030-15_zpsbsqz3ryg.jpg

Thedi%20Cafe%20Racer%206%20of%2030-2_zps5vkyksv6.jpg

Thedi%20Cafe%20Racer%2012%20of%2030-4_zps35mlfskp.jpg

Thedi%20Cafe%20Racer%2015%20of%2030-5_zpsklbp6t02.jpg

Thedi%20Cafe%20Racer%2018%20of%2030-7_zpsciwdgmnm.jpg

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks great Dan! Fantastic fit on you.

I wish pawinewuy was a size smaller and I could benefit from his revolving door of jackets lol

Lucky the weather has swung a bit cooler again and you can get some wear out of it.

Tedquinton

A-List Customer
That is the holy grail I've been searching for! From your photos I think we have a similar body shape. Any chance you could give pit to pit, back length etc so I can see if the proportions would work for me.

Many thanks. That really is a wonderful jacket and suits you to a T.

Last edited:

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Fantastic jacket and looks absolutely awesome on you! Killer dude! Thedi has been on my radar for a while now, and your pics are really showing the great leather on this jacket, as well as the top class stitching & other details. Can I please ask what's your body size - height, weight, chest, etc. and what's the size of the jacket on its label, measured dimensions, etc? Thanks so much!

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
From Thursdon Bros

Jacket measurements:

Large
Back length--26 inches
Sleeve length--26 inches
Pit-to-pit--22.5 inches
Shoulder--20 inches

X-Large
Back length--27 inches
Sleeve length--27 inches
Pit-to-pit--23.5 inches
Shoulder--20 inches

dan_t

Practically Family
Hi & thanks for the kind words.
I'll post some additional images tomorrow with measurements.
This one is an XL Fanch.
I think the measurements posted on Thurstons page are not exactly what this one has come out with. It's a little firm, but a very comfortable fit.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Well yeah, any jacket will look good with that view! Great pictures as always Dan, the fit is really spot on. The jacket and the hide shows up much better in your shots than in any pics I ever posted. Thedi is definitely worth a look for anyone buying a cafe racer.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Doesn't get any better than that, wow.

What I've read about Thedi is they're amazing, but not the best when it comes to responding to correspondence. Which can put some people off. But I think some people might be overactive with questions, too. I'd be worried about dealing with them due to the economy in Greece right now. But if I ever take a trip to Europe, I'll have to see about picking up one off the rack.

Any idea much would that go for new?

jon11

A-List Customer
Have bought two jackets from Theodoros, a Goatskin A-1 type (cognac colour), and a style similar to a Highwayman in Dark (brown Horsehide) talon zips the lot. His communication is excellent and his work really top class. You really cant go wrong with this guy and his products.

Reactions: Alz

dan_t

Practically Family
More pics and sizes

OK, in response to a few questions about size;
My measurements -
Chest; 110cms (44")
Waist; 92cm (36")
Sleeves; 63cms (25.5")
Height; 183cms (6'2")

I normally order a sized 42 jacket to compromise between a good fit up top & not too baggy around the middle. A 44 usually swims around my middle. Besides, I do prefer a fitted jacket for most styles.

Here are the measurements of this jacket;

Thedi%20Cafe%20Racer%205%20of%2030-1-2_zpssxjwqd8q.jpg

DSC_4320-3_zpsbclhc5em.jpg

DSC_4321-4_zpsfotunalj.jpg

DSC_4322-5_zps0ylprmwk.jpg

DSC_4324-6_zpsmfbo6ypy.jpg

DSC_4325-7_zpsp2sbbm9h.jpg

DSC_4326-8_zpstiv6ymt4.jpg

DSC_4331-11_zpsyvj47wwd.jpg

DSC_4332-12_zps5vpuxjiv.jpg

nick123

I'll Lock Up
The shoulders at 20" seem a bit wide for the size. How do the shoulders feel on yours Dan?

Jacket measurements:

Large
Back length--26 inches
Sleeve length--26 inches
Pit-to-pit--22.5 inches
Shoulder--20 inches

dan_t

Practically Family
Well, the pictures should answer that for you Nick.
They are pretty much perfect across my upper back.
Keep in mind that this is a Thedi XL sized jacket.

According to Turston Bros sizing (whom I believe this jacket was exclusively made for) - Thanks Seb;

X-Large Thurston / My jacket

Back length--27 inches / 26"
Sleeve length--27 inches / 27.5"
Pit-to-pit--23.5 inches / About 22 & 3/4" (the tape isn't accurately placed on the left hand side)
Shoulder--20 inches / About 19 3/4"

So all in all, not too far off from the quoted numbers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails