Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thedi Fit advice, finally getting the ball rolling

Damon141

Practically Family
I asked him if it could be finished by the middle of October in which I have a trip planned.

I understand the whole sit down an wait, so n March I placed an order with Fields with a year wait. So I can completely understand waiting. But in this case or this order I intend to find someone who can deliver by October.

If you have a closet full of jackets then I guess there is no rush for you but in my case every purchase can’t be a year, I’m never going to have a huge collection of jackets anyway as I don’t have the need for them.

Jejupe

Practically Family
I asked him if it could be finished by the middle of October in which I have a trip planned.

I understand the whole sit down an wait, so n March I placed an order with Fields with a year wait. So I can completely understand waiting. But in this case or this order I intend to find someone who can deliver by October.

If you have a closet full of jackets then I guess there is no rush for you but in my case every purchase can’t be a year, I’m never going to have a huge collection of jackets anyway as I don’t have the need for them.

It's long time until October, so I am sure that he will be able to make it happen, and I am also positive he 100% means it when he says that he'll deliver the jacket as promised.

What I would do, is to start reminding him early enough, that the deadline is approaching and you really need the jacket. I have had positive results with that approach. Just placing an order and waiting nicely never gave me timely results. Then again, for my jackets he needed to make new patterns, so they were more time consuming to make.

As business owner myself, I get what you mean by world running on trust and in business you're expected to keep your timelines. However I've learned that these rules might not always apply to many of the made to order goods we discuss on this forum.

Reading through the thread, maybe buy something decent to “hold you over” and then be less concerned about a timeline for the Thedi.
These custom makers are indeed tough and sometimes frustrating. I’ve had a helluva time getting my wool Aero confirmed. I did get the request this am for a deposit but after 37 emails and my own submitted spec sheet, I’ve yet to see Aero’s punch list for my review.

* I’ve owned at least 30 Aero’s.

I won’t wear the jacket until next winter…but I want my lucky charms.

Damon141

Practically Family
I still haven’t got my $1,500 back from Lewis Leather

Looks like we’re all getting screwed

Damon141

Practically Family
Reading through the thread, maybe buy something decent to “hold you over” and then be less concerned about a timeline for the Thedi.
These custom makers are indeed tough and sometimes frustrating.
Probably exactly what will happen, find a tide me over. I know he won’t keep me waiting for a year or anything.

He was just the guy I knew could come through quicker than some.

It really is just the summer break he and his crew takes. I think in August according to Thurston Bros.

ericsanpablo31

One of the Regulars
@Damon141

I don't want to put you off in any way, because Thedi is indeed one of the best there is, BUT, if timeline is an absolute deal maker / breaker for you, you should think twice what you want - do you want Thedi's jacket or just some jacket with absolutely guaranteed delivery time.

My experience is, that Theodoros runs a smallish operation and sometimes he is not able to keep the timeline he has promised with best of intentions. That's just the way it is with small businesses.

That said, if I were you, I'd take the risk, because his jackets are well worth the wait. You're not buying the jacket just for next autumn, but hopefully for the rest of your life, right?
FWIW this is my experience as well. If you absolutely 100% need it by a certain time and that is your main priority I'd look elsewhere. That said, if you are relaxed with your timeframe, Thedi is well worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112