Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thedi Leathers sample leather pics here!

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I was on the Thedi FB Page the other day and saw an article/interview I forgot who did the interview but it’s irrlevant, if you poke around the official Thedi FB Page you’ll see the article I’m referencing. It says the secret oil/waxes that give his jackets that unmistakable Thedi look is actually beeswax. Not sure if it’s just straight up beeswax, some magic elixir he’s concocted that includes beeswax. But in any case that is the final finish that is applied to the majority of his jackets.
I've been using beeswax to waterproof my leather boots for years and years, and it works very well, but I don't get that kind of result in terms of the color.

holdencain

One of the Regulars
dd426262a93fbda2aa34b76b4dc43d7f.jpg

Torn btwn these three: horse,buffalo,goat
In my hand the stiffest is buffalo, then goat, then horse...which surprised me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dannyk

One Too Many
I've been using beeswax to waterproof my leather boots for years and years, and it works very well, but I don't get that kind of result in terms of the color.
I have to imagine it’s his own unique mix where beeswax is just the main ingredient. It does not mention how they are specifically tanned. The majority of his stuff if not all, is veg. Tanned I believe. But as we all know individual tanneries have their own special ways of doing chromeexcel or veg tanning. So I don’t know if it’s a mix of tanning plus beeswax or just the special beeswax finish that gives his stuff life. But man his stuff is just so uniquely Thedi. Everyone of his pieces you can’t mistake for anything else. And every time I see your jacket @Guppy I literally drool over that color. If I ever get myself a Thedi it will be cognac buffalo without a doubt in my mind.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I have to imagine it’s his own unique mix where beeswax is just the main ingredient. It does not mention how they are specifically tanned. The majority of his stuff if not all, is veg. Tanned I believe. But as we all know individual tanneries have their own special ways of doing chromeexcel or veg tanning. So I don’t know if it’s a mix of tanning plus beeswax or just the special beeswax finish that gives his stuff life. But man his stuff is just so uniquely Thedi. Everyone of his pieces you can’t mistake for anything else. And every time I see your jacket @Guppy I literally drool over that color. If I ever get myself a Thedi it will be cognac buffalo without a doubt in my mind.
My photos don't even do it proper justice. Imagine looking at a glass jar full of honey, backlit by the sun. It is such a beautiful color.

dubpynchon

One Too Many
Yeah, that cognac Buffalo is the bomb yo, and the espresso brown is great as well.

I’m binge watching ‘The Wire’ at the moment, I can’t help it.

GW KY

Practically Family
Getting samples soon from Carrie for Thedi shawl, love the buffalo. Thinking of keeping button up (maybe zip), but hand warmer pockets for functionality.
Need a lighter color, so cognac or tan seem to be the options, gorgeous stuff...

GW KY

Practically Family
That jacket is spectacular, was talking with Carrie about it. Fingers crossed XL fits, then decide what to do about button up/zip up, hand warmer/patch pocket issues.

Just want the perfect jacket, that's all...

Alphahunter

Familiar Face
That jacket is spectacular, was talking with Carrie about it. Fingers crossed XL fits, then decide what to do about button up/zip up, hand warmer/patch pocket issues.

Just want the perfect jacket, that's all...
I’m an XL let me know how it fits. I love that jacket too. I’m usually a 48R

DarkKnight

Familiar Face
For anyone who has a Thedi Buffalo, what are it's qualities? Is it mean to eventually be softer than say, horse? I don't know much about Buffalo hide.

I know you said in your hand the Buffalo is the stiffest sample... I wonder if it would stay that way in the context of a jacket or if it'll eventually soften up and maybe even overtake the horse in comfort.

Goat is never an option for me as it doesn't patina well/easily.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
For anyone who has a Thedi Buffalo, what are it's qualities? Is it mean to eventually be softer than say, horse? I don't know much about Buffalo hide.

I know you said in your hand the Buffalo is the stiffest sample... I wonder if it would stay that way in the context of a jacket or if it'll eventually soften up and maybe even overtake the horse in comfort.

Goat is never an option for me as it doesn't patina well/easily.

I am still in the process of breaking in mine, so I can tell you that it does soften up. It was very difficult to button it up, now it's much easier. Whether it gets as soft as horse (not even sure how soft horse can get) remains to be seen.

It's a very good choice for a daily wearer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana