Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thedi sizing.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Just got the itch... AGAIN for the first time in many many years. Went to Thurston Bros. website and, since getting down to about a size 48 I've begun looking at some of their other stock items besides Aero which I've plenty of and would like something different. In that I've never owned or worn a Thedi of any stripe I've one particular question...

How does sizing run in Thedi jackets? Given my size 48 chest should I get an XL or XXL just to be sure?

Any help from experienced owners would be greatly appreciated.

Worf

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Imo there's no such thing as 'Thedi sizing'. Each jacket is custom made, doesn't matter whether it's for the end consumer or for a middleman like Thurston. A Size XL from Thurston will differ from a size xl from East West Apparal. From what I've seen though Thurston specs their Thedi jackets with longer body and sleeve length because apparently that's what the American market demands.

As always it's best to go by actual measurements, ignoring the size tags.

Roy Hobbs

One of the Regulars
Definitely be careful. I got a used Thedi that was custom made for someone else (he puts their name on the inside) in an XXL and it was basically between a 42-44 with a PP of 23.6. I've also gotten a one from TB in XL and they based the sizing on a 44 size. Whichever route you go (direct or TB) I would suggest knowing the numbers and maybe with TB you can get a fit jacket first. Good luck...Thedi is definitely my go to brand for fit.

scurvyfreedman

Familiar Face
Call Carrie and get a fit jacket in the model you want. You can either keep the fit jacket from her stock if you like the way it fits, or you can get it custom made by Thedi with any changes you need. I did this.

Based on my general body measurements Carrie sent me a fit jacket in the style I wanted. I already knew I was going custom b/c I wanted a different leather and lining. Once I tried it on and sent back pictures, we went back and forth a few times to nail down the measurements. She then did a spec sheet to send to Thedi with the exact measurements I wanted, had me confirm the details and then sent it in. I kept a running date in the back of my mind, but knew b/c it was custom it was going to be a while. I didn't sweat the estimated delivery, but she pretty much nailed it.

FWIW, Thedi included a tagged size. Oddly, the size was the same as my fit jacket, which I made larger in the chest and shoulders, even though I shortened the arms. It was a tag I wasn't expecting at all, considering it was a custom size, but it really doesn't matter. It fits me and I want to believe I'm a medium.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I've only had one (used) Thedi Markos from Thurston Bros. XL size was about 22" ish P2P. And I am 41"/42" chest.
I would guess 3XL to 4XL for 48" chest in the Markos pattern, depending how you like your jacket to fit.

Thedi 004.jpg

IMG_7254(1).jpg

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
there are measurements posted for the in stock Thedi's (and Aero, Vanson etc) to get an Idea of how they are sized... the numbers in XXXL are small for me.. You'll need to go full custom I think Worf.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You are definitely going to be at least a 3XL and probably a 4XL in Thedi sizing @Worf. I have a Thedi cross zip that was custom made for me and the P2P is only 24”.
I would reach out to Thurston and see what they have that is close to your size, hopefully something that is at least big enough for you to get on and get an idea of what you need for a custom jacket.
i’m glad to see you’re back in action!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the solid info. As I've said many times before you folks are the best! Aces all round in my book. I will have to go the test jacket route then probably go custom. Thanks for helping me out with the knowledge. I'd assumed a 2XL would be large enough or even swimming on me, but I got a suspicion that their sizing would be "different". Glad to know my hunch was right. I'll keep TFL apprised of what I decide.

Thanks again...

Worf

morrison2951

Practically Family
Thanks for the solid info. As I've said many times before you folks are the best! Aces all round in my book. I will have to go the test jacket route then probably go custom. Thanks for helping me out with the knowledge. I'd assumed a 2XL would be large enough or even swimming on me, but I got a suspicion that their sizing would be "different". Glad to know my hunch was right. I'll keep TFL apprised of what I decide.

Thanks again...

Worf

Thedi XXL for me = 44. Who knew??

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Worf, FYI I just checked my cross zip and he put a XXL label in it, my measure has it at a 23" P to P.

Mister Rivets

One of the Regulars
I have three Thedi jackets 2 shawl collar one in a small(first picture) for a t-shirt tight fit a medium for colder weather and a medium titan cross zip(second picture) His sleeves are snug I can't get my heated jacket under my cross zip. Based on the measurements I thought it would work for sure. kept the jacket anyway because the design is just great

Attachments

• tempImagejj3R1o.png
    tempImagejj3R1o.png
    6 MB · Views: 95
  • tempImageO5mqsF.png
    tempImageO5mqsF.png
    7.3 MB · Views: 94

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ