Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thedi! Thedi! Thedi!

Mawashi

One of the Regulars
You can't attack one by calling him ZARA, because he adds almost every six months to his collection some extra samples. It all makes me think that you have an envy of me.
When I was creating things in the mid 80's, what did you do? where were you?

You're not tired of seeing the same products from hundreds of manufacturers from West to East.
I'm really bored and that's why I'm creating.

After all, you haven't seen anything from my summer and recent collections, just some photos.
But you can visit me, touch them, see exactly what you are doing here, enjoy the smell of superfine skins, try them, feel them first
& Then you can talk.
my best THEODOROS

Hi Theodoros,

Personally it's always great to hear from a leader in this industry.

I get that some people like authentic recreations and having a circa 1930s to 1950s wardrobe but not me.

Your modernised creations are truly awesome and have a very fashionable edge, there's only so much a guy can take of the same ole same ole lol.

Thank you for making your creations so special, unique yet totally wearable!

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I thought this one must be the main culprit! :D

I was going to say someting similar if you hadn't. Imagine this as a full leather pattern, imagine it as a two tone jacket, imagine all black with black hair panel... Imagine it in many other configurations, and I would believe you would like most of the images that will come to your head.

Thanks for putting up this pic, certainly makes it easier to visualise :)
Hmm... I am on the fence on this one, full disclosure, the hair panel grizzly is a variation of a full custom that was made for me, and on mine which has thick thread, I like it as it is

l98mhpu.jpg

But, were the thread thickness thinner, I would most likely prefer it double welted

Thanks for directing our attention to this, it certainly helps me considering my next jacket order :)

Edit: Another typo... I should really learn to reread what I post :oops:
This is the elephant ear pocket more so than a “single welt”, it’s a classic Euro tradition as we have seen on many German, Italian and Swedish/Nordic vintage, almost exclusively so. For me it’s a major pet peeve as the stitching on the two corners are doomed to come loose...

regius

I thought this one must be the main culprit! :D

To add, one of my Italian police jacket actually used rivets at each corner, now that the leather got brittle and tore off the rivet but their idea was to overcome the stitching weakness.

I was going to say someting similar if you hadn't. Imagine this as a full leather pattern, imagine it as a two tone jacket, imagine all black with black hair panel... Imagine it in many other configurations, and I would believe you would like most of the images that will come to your head.

Thanks for putting up this pic, certainly makes it easier to visualise :)
Hmm... I am on the fence on this one, full disclosure, the hair panel grizzly is a variation of a full custom that was made for me, and on mine which has thick thread, I like it as it is

l98mhpu.jpg

But, were the thread thickness thinner, I would most likely prefer it double welted

Thanks for directing our attention to this, it certainly helps me considering my next jacket order :)

Edit: Another typo... I should really learn to reread what I post :oops:

red devil

This is the elephant ear pocket more so than a “single welt”, it’s a classic Euro tradition as we have seen on many German, Italian and Swedish/Nordic vintage, almost exclusively so. For me it’s a major pet peeve as the stitching on the two corners are doomed to come loose...

I would hope that it doesn't happen too soon, but yes it is bound to hapen at some point

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I would hope that it doesn't happen too soon, but yes it is bound to hapen at some point

From my experience I don’t think you need to worry too much about it. I have two vintage jackets from the 50’s with this pocket construction. They are 70 years old and the stitching have started to come loose around the edges but it’s not too bad. Both jackets show signs of hard wear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112