Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thinking about cutting my hair

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Ok ladies I am getting really tired of my hair, and am thinking about going short/shortish. I am as you all know I am into the 40's mostly but I love the 50s too. Also I want to still be able to do my victory rolls. So ladies what do you suggest for a hair cut for me and if you have diagrams they are most welcome (not sure I am sold on a middy). For those of you who need a reference here I am a few weeks ago, also I am naturally curly so please keep that in mind so nothing that needs to be straight or mostly straight
lounge006.jpg
T

Grant Fan

Practically Family
What about a slight change in shade instead, cutting well take a long time to grow back!

No I love my color and it is horrible to try to get back. I am just bored and need a change. My hair grows quickly if I cut it now by May it will be just about grown back

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I'll be the devil's advocate here and say go for it! It is just hair and it will grow back. You are very pretty and I think you could pull off just about any hairstyle.

I don't think you should go too short. You can always cut more off later if you don't like it. What about something like this?

http://www.2flashgames.com/photo/file/dita_von_teese/Dita_Von_Teese_0053.jpg

http://talkingwithtami.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/dita-von-teese-rachel-pally.jpg

If you leave the front long & don't get bangs cut, I think you should still be able to do victory rolls.

Belladonna_dea

Familiar Face
Oh my goodness is that "real" red hair! You so remind me of Rachel McAdams in the Notebook! If you want to go short, ya only live once and nothing could make you ugly! I do love the way it is now but I also know too well of the feeling of the same hair... every day... (I'm struggling with that right now) I think fortworthgal had great suggestions! :) When you do, post pics please!

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I say Lana Turner's hair from The Postman Always Rings Twice. It's at least shoulder length, but she curls it up to look very voluminous. With the extra length you can still play around with it, and with your natural curls, I think it'd look great! :)

72746-004-CEE287FF.jpg

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Thanks ladies for the great recommendations. It is official I am cutting it tomorrow at noon. I will post pics when I get it.

Esme

One of the Regulars
Wow, probably too late for me to weigh in, but you look like Alyssa Milano, only not so pointy, you know? LOL
I second the vote for a short middy, ala Lana in Postman. I don't particularly care for Lana as an actress (boring) but that hair is too cute.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24