Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thinning out collection - what to keep!

scotiasteve

New in Town
So I have around 12 leather jackets from the early days of Alexander Leathers, some I have worn, some not, some one offs as they had just opened.

I wear my highwayman style Roadster in brown horween steer the most, and it's like a second skin.
My A2 goat is great so that will stay.
But I have 2 cafe's a Mongolian horse hide (really supple) with moleskin, and a horween steerhide black chromexyl with red liner. Both are stunning.

Other than that I have a B2 in sheepskin of course, it's good but they are slightly short. The others are a black Roadster style in steer, tan leather 50's style detroit, Long Rider horween in brown steer, and a cool maroon horween Oakland.

I also have a black Roadster which I had custom made for my Google Glass! Although they discontinued the Glass slightly after I had it made :)

I would like to keep 3 and then I'll figure out who to give the rest to!

I'm thinking keep the brown Roadster, A2 but what else, I can't decide!

Help me choose :)

Attachments

• IMG_5261.JPG
    IMG_5261.JPG
    902.8 KB · Views: 197

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I agree with PN, keep one of the cafe racers. Since the Roadster is brown I would keep the black CXL with red lining.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
You need an even number - equal part brown n black, equal part long n short, equal part button n zip, equal part all the different types of hides, equal part for every type of weather :D

dubpynchon

One Too Many
Some of those jackets look unworn, like they’ve just come out of the stockroom. One even has the label still on it. Amazing!

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Sell all of them and get a couple from a better brand :D

...but on a serious note, it's pretty hard to choose between 12 jackets. I only have 2 right now and I don't even have a 3rd one in mind haha :D

Even if you had 12 from a brand I adored, I would still advise to sell at least half of them just so you'll actually use some of them more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart