Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on the Black Bear Brand Western Horween Jacket?

RL204

One of the Regulars
After my return back home I will post some more pic.
The black one I own is one of his first run and heavier than some of my Aero’s.
IMO the fit is spot on.
The Rough-Out natural is an absolutely patina monster.
Stupidly I don’t have pics in my mobile.
I’m hoping you’re back home soon and those pics are coming shortly.

I want a pair of the black bear cowboy boots but they are not very helpful with sizing questions.

FD39F2C6-153C-40BF-9935-642C25A03E59.jpeg

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
So I've been watching this item for some time now, and have to say I love the green inner liner as well as matieral but have held off in purchasing it so far, and wanted to hear if anyone had any knowledge or experirence with them first? I'm not sure who is making the Black Bear Jackets, so that might also be something to find out. Any info anyone? Thank you!
Black Bear Western Horween Jacket
I love this western shirt, im a fan of western shirts in general. I am not a fan of the measurements on this pattern. A medium is 23.5 chest an 18.5 shoulder wtf? Large 24.5 an19.5?? This is a shirt! Anyway iron heart has a pale rider for 1500 that is supposed to be continuous production but I can't tell its out of stock. Aero is best as far as price. Western shirt for around 800. Simmons bilt which makes the pale rider ironically "doesn't " offer a western shirt through their website, iron heart owns the pale rider pattern so sb can't sell it to customers. They are supposed to develop their own in 2023 sometime? Good luck. I'd look for a used one to come up, im still waiting

Tusche

Familiar Face
I’m hoping you’re back home soon and those pics are coming shortly.

I want a pair of the black bear cowboy boots but they are not very helpful with sizing questions.

View attachment 474051
Unfortunately it will take some more days before I am back home.
I know Josh and his brand usually as very helpful with all questions about his products.
All size advice he gave me nailed it 100 percent.

Personally I don’t know nothing about these cowboy boots but if you like I can drop Josh a line and try to sort things out. Maybe it will help you.

Tusche

Familiar Face
My black shirt I own some years already. What I realize now it is different from the current production.
Mine was made in collaboration with Langlitz leathers. Here is the link from the archive.

https://blackbearbrand.com/black-be...and-x-langlitz-horsehide-shirtjacket-in-black

Attached one more picture I found on my mobile.
I really love this beast and during Summer I use it frequently riding my motorbikes.

F000E1D9-0E6C-4316-8488-731336426391.jpeg

Nanoman

New in Town
I love it..
Not really broken in, unfortunately I stay some time in a hospital already… View attachment 471682
I am fascinated by this jacket. I received valuable information from @Tusche, who generously provided relevant details. The horsehide used in the jacket is thinner, which I prefer, as it will mold to the body better during the leather break-in process.

I am really looking forward to pre-ordering it this November, but I am still undecided between the Indigo and Natural color option.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am fascinated by this jacket. I received valuable information from @Tusche, who generously provided relevant details. The horsehide used in the jacket is thinner, which I prefer, as it will mold to the body better during the leather break-in process.

I am really looking forward to pre-ordering it this November, but I am still undecided between the Indigo and Natural color option.
I would go with the indigo because at first glance it almost looks like a normal MA-1 and only when you look closer, do you see what a unique piece it really is.

Nanoman

New in Town
I would go with the indigo because at first glance it almost looks like a normal MA-1 and only when you look closer, do you see what a unique piece it really is.
Thanks for the insights. I see your point. There are many natural horsehide offerings, but indigo would undoubtedly be one of its kind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21