Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on the Black Bear Brand Western Horween Jacket?

BigWasabi

New in Town
So I've been watching this item for some time now, and have to say I love the green inner liner as well as matieral but have held off in purchasing it so far, and wanted to hear if anyone had any knowledge or experirence with them first? I'm not sure who is making the Black Bear Jackets, so that might also be something to find out. Any info anyone? Thank you!
Black Bear Western Horween Jacket

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So I've been watching this item for some time now, and have to say I love the green inner liner as well as matieral but have held off in purchasing it so far, and wanted to hear if anyone had any knowledge or experirence with them first? I'm not sure who is making the Black Bear Jackets, so that might also be something to find out. Any info anyone? Thank you!
Black Bear Western Horween Jacket
Worn, wet and greasy, I find them pretty cool. I like it less on the mannequin. Unfortunately not in my price range either.
Unfortunately, I cannot make a really qualified comment.

Tusche

Familiar Face
I own some of the black bear brand jackets / shirts. Great stuff and easy to wear.
Who finally make the jackets I don’t know exactly either.
Most of the jackets are collaboration, the N1 jacket is sure made by Y2.
Attached me wearing the horween shirt.
CEFF23F0-B89C-4240-8F28-A0E152FA5200.jpeg

Observe

One Too Many
They look nice but the pricing seems a bit absurd for the product you're getting. All their products seem at least 20% more expensive than they need to be.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Leather shirts have become my latest rabbit hole. It's a cool look and very functional and practical for warmer weather climates. The y2 variations all look spectacular. IH has a great series with some deer skin ones and a natural horse. And then there's lots of fashion brands like Buck Mason, Taylor Stitch, etc. I almost pulled the trigger on an Aero one but I haven't seen too many in the wild and I'm a little gun shy about being the test case LOL. I even asked Greg Field about making one.

What's interesting with them, and this maybe somewhat limited since I haven't handled a lot of them, but I find the fit to be a lot more forgiving. On the snug side, you wear as a standalone piece. On the relaxed side, you wear as an over shirt. But the pattern needs to be spot on. You need the right hour glass sort of form and for my own tastes, I think they work better as a western shirt vs. a work shirt.

Hopefully we get a few more members posting pics. I need to post a couple here myself. I've put a couple up on IG, but was waiting to get a few more wears on some stuff before I premiered them here : )

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I would love to see if Five star leathers can come up with one. I have several vintage jackets.
I think this is not a problem if someone sends a good specification there. The problem will probably be the leather, because the good leathers from 5* are rather the thicker ones. Suede might be something.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I think this is not a problem if someone sends a good specification there. The problem will probably be the leather, because the good leathers from 5* are rather the thicker ones. Suede might be something.
My vintage Californian suede western shirt jackets are nice and can make a good sample. However, I would love to see a nice goat or deer... In darker browns. I do have a black leather Vansons and U.S. MADE CO. MIDDLETON MA.
The collar can be updated with a more practical look.

s-l1600 - 2022-12-10T112449.247.jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

Attachments

• s-l1600 (7).jpg
    s-l1600 (7).jpg
    428.7 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Tusche

Familiar Face
Leather shirts have become my latest rabbit hole. It's a cool look and very functional and practical for warmer weather climates. The y2 variations all look spectacular. IH has a great series with some deer skin ones and a natural horse. And then there's lots of fashion brands like Buck Mason, Taylor Stitch, etc. I almost pulled the trigger on an Aero one but I haven't seen too many in the wild and I'm a little gun shy about being the test case LOL. I even asked Greg Field about making one.

What's interesting with them, and this maybe somewhat limited since I haven't handled a lot of them, but I find the fit to be a lot more forgiving. On the snug side, you wear as a standalone piece. On the relaxed side, you wear as an over shirt. But the pattern needs to be spot on. You need the right hour glass sort of form and for my own tastes, I think they work better as a western shirt vs. a work shirt.

Hopefully we get a few more members posting pics. I need to post a couple here myself. I've put a couple up on IG, but was waiting to get a few more wears on some stuff before I premiered them here : )
After my return back home I will post some more pic.
The black one I own is one of his first run and heavier than some of my Aero’s.
IMO the fit is spot on.
The Rough-Out natural is an absolutely patina monster.
Stupidly I don’t have pics in my mobile.

BigWasabi

New in Town
So noob question, when does a shirt become a jacket? I ask cause I notice a few of these described as a shirt where others are a jacket... has it anything to do with the weight of the material or something?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner