Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

reeks1

One of the Regulars
Waiting for the goods! Hope something in that batch will work for you. Sunburst - give it some thought - that's a KILLER jacket!
Absolutely beautiful, no doubt! Just a little "too much" for me, I think. My overall aesthetic is more subdued.

I do love Art Deco, though. Hmmmm.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I asked about this and yes it could be done - they're period matching and pretty much the same shape, so it's just a matter of matching the two panels. I was thinking of getting done in cordovan with OD stitching. This, for my bank manager's and my sins, is next year's project... I also have to credit Edward with the suggestion in the first place!

Last edited:

reeks1

One of the Regulars
Butte: Hah!! lol.

It's growing on me by the minute. I do believe that people would appreciate the design. But some just wouldn't "get it". Like, "why are there stripes on the back of your jacket?" Ugh.....

And the smell. Damn, that's good.

I simply cannot get over the quality of the Half Belt. I know I had one in black before, but the brown really, really speaks to me. Literally, the nicest jacket, one of the nicest things I've ever come across. And I actively seek out great gear. (Don't we all?)

Can they leave the pleats off the back of a regular half belt? I really like things to be neat and clean.

Thinking about OD stitching. Might be a nice but subtle flourish.

Just wow. And this one isn't even mine!!

It will be TORTURE waiting for the finished product. Brutal.

I won't be able to get pics until tomorrow, fyi. I don't do selfies and no one's around to snap any.

Thanks again for all of your input!!

Last edited:

scrawlysteve

One of the Regulars
I'd appreciate seeing close-ups of that too as I'm flipping a coin between matching and olive on a Havana Brown Horween Steerhide CXL jacket...

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Now through December 25th, just mention that you're a Fedora Lounge member and receive a $70.00 USD discount on Vanson Comet PLU-3 Cafe' Racers!

Remember, FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING!!!

5e9632a9-28e6-4483-ad5d-128160900792_zpsbf49499d.jpg

3c3bc005-ebab-4993-862c-5f0fe1b623e2_zps99d7b578.jpg

VansonPLU-3tagdetail11_zps086addf4.jpg

Last edited:

scrawlysteve

One of the Regulars
Thanks Reeks---well researched indeed. Unfortunately the more info I get the more confused I tend to be...it looks good in OD....but I like matching too...which is best ? There's only one way to find out.... FIGHT !!!!!

reeks1

One of the Regulars
My pleasure. I like it, but I think I'm going to keep it simple for my first Aero and go matching. I have a feeling it will not be my only order. :)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Definitely the best way to go with your first jacket. I had all sorts of stuff planned for my jacket - Japanese fit, removable collar and neck closure - in the end I went for a straight ahead design, and was all the better for it IMHO. I'd even jettison any inside pockets if you're planning those too, avoids them shining through once it starts breaking in.

reeks1

One of the Regulars
Thanks, Sloan.

You're saying to pass on the "gun pocket" cut vertically into the leather near the zipper, even? Aero installs these on their off the rack jackets, no? Even these become visible? Crap, I'd have nowhere for my wallet. I don't think I can omit one, honestly. Was going to go with a zipper there. Seems more secure/durable than a snap.

I've seen threads that go both ways: some say the pockets show with time; some say they don't; and others say "who cares", " part of the character of the jacket", etc.
Thanks.

I still need a chance to post some pics so you guys can help me with the fit.

I love the inside vertical pocket. I'd think that one out carefully.
I've not seen that pocket show, but I have seen the outline of the outside breast pockets show. It doesn't bother me...

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It's horses for course, If you have to absolutely have one, get a vertical on the same side of your breast pocket - that'll go some way to stopping it. It's really only if you want to stop any 'pocket shine', though, and save yourself £20, that you don't want them.
Tbh, I only use the left hand one, :eusa_doh:, funnily-enough, it's the pocket that hasn't shone through, and even then, only occasionally. Nowadays I prefer using the hand warmers and cargo pockets - no chance of my wallet falling out from the latter!

scrawlysteve

One of the Regulars
Hi Reeks--I think like you I'll go for matching after all. Re. the inside pocket--I have an ELC "Luftwaffe"--very trimly fitted-- which is 21 years old--it has an inside vertical zipped "Luger" pocket....doesn't show at all. I agree with Butte - those inner pockets are really useful.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes