Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Mistercat

New in Town
Hi Mistercat,

We have Thedi jackets in stock and we will send them out for fittings. However, we find that we have specified these Thedi jackets such that they fit the majority of our customers right off-the-rack... If custom sizing is needed, we can do that too! The current wait time on custom Thedi is three to four weeks, depending on what orders we have in the queue. We do offer all of Thedi's cafe' racers, but we have made some changes for the Thedi jackets that we're carrying in the shop, such as specialty horsehide, old school tag, gabardine lining, Talon zippers, and fit details that follow from our experience with vintage cafe' racers!

Hello Carrie,
Can you please give more information on fit detail differences between original Thedi CCT1261 Café Racer and the jackets you stock?

Do zippers differ from original?

Thank you.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hello Carrie,
Can you please give more information on fit detail differences between original Thedi CCT1261 Café Racer and the jackets you stock?

Do zippers differ from original?

Thank you.

We made arm and body length changes; a change to horsehide leather; and Talon zippers as standard. We also have the CCT 1260, which doesn't have quilting on the shoulders... If you have questions about the Thedi leathers, give us a call, as sizing is tight (an XL is the equivalent of a 42 Aero or Vanson!)...

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
For those that want a super-fitted collared jacket, the Aero Sheene is a great choice!

Aero Sheene, Horween C/X Black Front Quarter Horsehide with Lochcarron Minto Check Lightweight Tweed Liner

AeroSheeneFront_zps08a26fe6.jpg

AeroSheeneBack_zps25bdd3c6.jpg

AeroSheeneTag_zpsb9e1c302.jpg

technovox

One Too Many
For those that want a super-fitted collared jacket, the Aero Sheene is a great choice!

Aero Sheene, Horween C/X Black Front Quarter Horsehide with Lochcarron Minto Check Lightweight Tweed Liner

/AeroSheeneTag_zpsb9e1c302.jpg[/IMG]

And I have to add, that I recently bought one of these, and I absolutely love the cut and the way it fits me. Very streamline and simple. You guys really nailed this one! Pictures don't do it justice.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
If you need an Aero fit jacket to get in our November Aero production batch, today is the very last day to order! For individuals who need an Aero fit jacket, beginning tomorrow, we will be taking orders for December Aero production. Orders taken for December production should arrive early January...

Worf

I'll Lock Up
That's one of the biggest zipper pulls I've ever seen lol
Nice jackets. Happy customers. Good deal.

Yeah... they contain the "serial number"(?) of the jacket. I put mine with other important papers and made a pull out of the leftovers Vanson made when they cut down my Ike. Sorry but that thing was just too big!

Worf

mattp

One of the Regulars
The Sheene looks awesome; I was always torn between trying to slim down a Highwayman or get a Cafe Racer with a collar, it seems the gap in the market has been filled. I'd like to see one of these with a removable mouton collar.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
For our customers who have purchased or are going to purchase a motorcycle jacket from us, we'd like to show you our new armored undershirt--The Alpinestars Bionic Pro! This undershirt is the best we've seen to date and incorporates some very fancy features to keep our motorcycle riders safe out on the roads!

Features:

+Slim-fitting, highly breathable elastane stretch mesh main construction incorporating extensive Cordura paneling for durability and abrasion resistance
+Reduced material construction on underarms and arms for ventilation and weight savings
+Integrated chest and back protection panels are constructed from a robust K-RESIN polymer blend for optimized flexibility and excellent weight savings that are over-injected and placed under Cordura textile finish
+Panels are stitch-mounted onto jacket for styling, stability and durability and reinforced by thermoformed 3D poly padding for comfort and shock absorption
+Slim-lined protectors on shoulder and elbows offer excellent levels of resistance abrasion and shock
+Removable comfort padding chest allows for integration of Alpinestars BNS
+Premium, auto-locking YKK zips utilized for main frontal closure, plus convenient zip garage
+Silicone printed logos throughout to help keep jersey in place
+Convenient pull tab loops on shoulders for secure fitment of Alpinestars BNS
+Thermoformed padding on kidney areas for comfort and secure fit

Price--$189.95 USD, FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE with the purchase of any of our Vanson, Aero, or vintage motorcycle jackets!

BionicPro_zps0cc06774.jpg

BionicProBack_zpsf0a58d79.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
If you don't need an Aero fit jacket, we still have a few spots open for November Aero production! Give us a call and have your new, custom Aero jacket by late November / early December!

After the remaining November production slots are filled, we'll move to our December Aero production allotment...

Two-ToneSunburst1_zpsfee20674.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Perfect fit for the world traveler. ;)

Thanks HD!

I was just working with a customer and found a cool photo of Ken and Denny from Aero racing in their Aero-sponsored Mini Cooper...

Also, check out the tag on this jacket!

"Veste de Rallye" - Heavy Front Quarter Horsehide

The Veste de Rallye successfully captures the period feel of 1960's motoring. First made by Aero in 1994 to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the mighty Mini Cooper's first of four consecutive Monte Carlo Rally victories (although the French did manage to find a way to disqualify the winning Mini in 1966).

The Veste des Rallye is timeless in design. From its boxy 60's styled car coat cut to its simple two pocket design, tis Horsehide jacket will soon become a trusted friend.

Each jacket is lined in pure Alpaca Wool that is imported from Peru and is finished with keyhole sewn button holes and hand-stitched buttons (these will not fall off in a couple of years!). A really simple easy to wear "over jacket".

Aero knows a thing or two about the rigors of Classic Rallying, as their founder and his son won the 1993 Manx Mountain Challenge! The photo below shows Aero Leather's Mini Cooper S 277BRX competing in The 1996 Scottish Rally

45652306e63cd0a6_VDRSide-500_zpsd23e9e30.jpg

26552306e707a9fa_VDRCollar-800_zps52cac1c6.jpg

15752306e8f0d45e_VDRLabel-800_zps8b8ba194.jpg

14452306e9a1bb81_RallyCar-800_zpsf3b1ac72.jpg

**We still have three spots open for November Aero production, so give us a call today and have your new horsehide Aero by late November / early December!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy