Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Jerroll Highwayman.jpg

If someone is looking for a stunning off-the-rack Aero Highwayman, here's a good option!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172144688357?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Jordon

New in Town
My Aero will finally be here today. After many long days, many e-mails(that Carrie answered with a smile) and many changes made before my final decision over 2.5 months ago....My first ever custom made leather jacket and by far the most expensive piece I ever bought. But a lifetime piece of art for the price....well worth it!

Hopefully have pictures up later, of course it has to be raining heavy today :(

Jordon

New in Town
So, the jacket came in...and I can't think of a more beautiful leather in the world. At the same time, I never get to see leather of this quality in person. My favorite color of all time is purple, then a dark red. Cordovan is my favorite leather in general due to its warm and ark tones and this FQHH is just simply amazing!

I do have a question though, how far does this leather stretch? When first put on, she is a little snug in shoulders and arm, but after some wearing around and my standard "stretch" workout, the arms fit great and the shoulder/back seems to give a bit more room. I am guessing after a week even it will stretch just a little more and really become a perfect fit. I was actually worried at first...thought it would be an instant, sad to say for sale item, but knowing it will form to my body pretty well....it is a perfect tailored/slim fit jacket for casual and on the bike.

Holy hell do my elbows and chelidon(elbwo armpit) are beat up! Tough *** leather!

Now to some photos!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
So, the jacket came in...and I can't think of a more beautiful leather in the world. At the same time, I never get to see leather of this quality in person. My favorite color of all time is purple, then a dark red. Cordovan is my favorite leather in general due to its warm and ark tones and this FQHH is just simply amazing!

I do have a question though, how far does this leather stretch? When first put on, she is a little snug in shoulders and arm, but after some wearing around and my standard "stretch" workout, the arms fit great and the shoulder/back seems to give a bit more room. I am guessing after a week even it will stretch just a little more and really become a perfect fit. I was actually worried at first...thought it would be an instant, sad to say for sale item, but knowing it will form to my body pretty well....it is a perfect tailored/slim fit jacket for casual and on the bike.

Holy hell do my elbows and chelidon(elbwo armpit) are beat up! Tough *** leather!

Now to some photos!

The jacket looks awesome Jordan! During break-in, the jacket will stretch and form to your body, so don't worry about it being a tad snug right now. You may want to start your own thread with these photos, as folks don't often comment on our thread...

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab

Now to some photos!

The jackets fit looks great, not nearly as snug as I feared at first when reading your description. The leather does stretch a bit and more importantly, it shapes to your body. Judging from these pics, you will be fine. Have seen people squeezed in much smaller jackets. Is it a Café Racer or a Board Racer?

hondurasdave47

Practically Family
The jackets fit looks great, not nearly as snug as I feared at first when reading your description. The leather does stretch a bit and more importantly, it shapes to your body. Judging from these pics, you will be fine. Have seen people squeezed in much smaller jackets. Is it a Café Racer or a Board Racer?

It appears to be a Board Racer Sheene.

Congrats, Jordan! Beautiful leather and beautiful jacket. You did well!

Dave

BowsTrading

Familiar Face

Now to some photos!

Very Nice! I also recently received my Aero from Thurston and I'm also on the fence of selling it. I feel like the chest is larger than the fit jacket I used and is causing puckering under my arms and near the zipper

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Ya. Just checked with Aeros website. The CR has side panels, the Board Racer as well as Jordons jacket do not have side panels, so the pattern block is definitely the one from the Board Racer.

@Jordon, I see you ordered a size 44. Did you size up? The BR is very close fitting and your jacket looks like a fairly comfortable fit in the body. I have a 41" chest and a fairly "tree trunky" body with little difference in chest, waist and hips, so I have considered sizing up to a 42 or even 44 to make sure I don't have to squeeze myself into the thing but still take advantage of the high armholes which probably offer better range of motion than the Café Racer style.. (do they?)

@BowsTrading; don't sell it because it doesn't fit skin-tight. You will be grateful for that bit of extra space sooner or later. No point in buying a jacket lasting for life if you can't wear it anymore once you gain a few pounds.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Jordan -- That jacket looks and fits amazing! As others have indicated, just wear it! It will keep breaking in and FQHH takes weeks and months to get there...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn