Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Time for a grizzly?

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Been thinking about the grizzly for a while... I don't like the classic model so much, but there are a few variations I do like:

GrizzlyBauville-5.jpg

I have been eyeing this variation from LW for a long time. Thinking of ordering it without the front pockets, and wondering about colours, it does not necessarily have to be black after all

Untitled-4_d2970999-7bed-4443-8a57-05d563415ea6_large.jpg

And this one which is also very special, again not necessarily in those colours

%D0%BC%D1%83%D0%B6%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%8F-%D0%BA%D1%83%D1%82%D1%80%D0%BA%D0%B0-%D0%B8%D0%B7-%D0%BC%D0%B5%D1%85%D0%B0-%D0%B1%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0-.jpg

Probably the most expensive grizzly variation you can find, this is just to here to get your attention :D

So looking for ideas, opinions, advice on this one :)

red devil

Although i will be the first to admit i have Grizzly envy, i am not sure there is ever a right time for the last one...

The last one was here just to catch readers' attention, and it clearly is working :D

I can't think either of anytime you would want to wear that...

Any thoughts on the first two?

Superfluous

For me, a Grizzly is one of those clothing items that falls into the following category: looks great on others, but I could never pull it off, and would never attempt to do so. It is a bold, brazen look and I have seen many successful applications of the jacket. That said, I simply cannot envision myself walking the streets in one. Kudos to those with the moxie, but I will not be joining their ranks anytime soon.

RD, of the three Grizzly jackets in your original post, I prefer the Himel but with slash pockets in place of the flaps. There is also this Himel, which borrows from the Grizzly:

29094285_212184882697798_7917376394579935232_n.jpg

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I feel the shorter “hair-on” Grizzlies as pictured are a little more wearable. However, Casechopper wears the longer Laskin-Lamb-esque one a lot in the WJAYWT thread; he pulls it off as do others I’ve seen here.

Idk, I like them, one could have fun going custom, and would boldly wear either short or long variant happy as a choir boy here in California; BUT probably more hesitantly than an all-leather jacket. I do fear I’d be assaulted by a PETA representative though. It happens here. The girlfriend’s meat department at her grocery store was sabotoged with stickers by animal rights activists. I’d lose my marbles if someone attacked my $1000 jacket.

red devil

For me, a Grizzly is one of those clothing items that falls into the following category: looks great on others, but I could never pull it off, and would never attempt to do so. It is a bold, brazen look and I have seen many successful applications of the jacket. That said, I simply cannot envision myself walking the streets in one. Kudos to those with the moxie, but I will not be joining their ranks anytime soon.

RD, of the three Grizzly jackets in your original post, I prefer the Himel but with slash pockets in place of the flaps. There is also this Himel, which borrows from the Grizzly:

29094285_212184882697798_7917376394579935232_n.jpg

This is a very cool jacket!
I would prefer slash pockets as well, but can't the flaps fit inside the pocket for that look?
I guess @dudewuttheheck could answer this question

red devil

I feel the shorter “hair-on” Grizzlies as pictured are a little more wearable. However, Casechopper wears the longer Laskin-Lamb-esque one a lot in the WJAYWT thread; he pulls it off as do others I’ve seen here.

Idk, I like them, one could have fun going custom, and would boldly wear either short or long variant happy as a choir boy here in California; BUT probably more hesitantly than an all-leather jacket. I do fear I’d be assaulted by a PETA representative though. It happens here. The girlfriend’s meat department at her grocery store was sabotoged with stickers by animal rights activists. I’d lose my marbles if someone attacked my $1000 jacket.

I would definitely blow a fuse if I was attacked by such idiots... sabotaging the meat department of a grocery store is going too far already

For lots of info and pictures, check out the threads on this page:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/sear...&t=post&o=relevance&c[title_only]=1&c[node]=4

Good point, thanks! :)

Oh it's time alright. My vote is for Navy Blue or forest Green LW HH with lightest blond Horsehair available.

That would be an interesting combination, need to check if Stuart has either navy or green available at the moment. Would you keep the chest pockets or remove them?

Is this a natural Grizzly?As in the leather type.Presumably the hide would tan as in other natural leathers.Looks interesting though

hmm... tan leather with the hair panel is also an enticing idea, just had in mind my tan thedi buffalo hide on a cool grizzly jacket!

red devil

This Rainbow Country is available on Yahoo actions in Japan:

View attachment 116915

Thanks for putting it here! The leather looks fantastic, I really like that very unique colour. I have to admit that I am looking for the short hair, I am not sure being able to pull off longer hair :)

Ultimately you need balls of steel to pull off a grizzly. I've often admired them. I'd keep the chest pockets on the LW. It's a rarity on a rare beast to begin with!

Well... I put the limit to short hair :)

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
This is a very cool jacket!
I would prefer slash pockets as well, but can't the flaps fit inside the pocket for that look?
I guess @dudewuttheheck could answer this question
The flaps on the Himel can be tucked into the pockets, but the buttons are still visible. I'm sure Dave could modify it if you wanted as well.

I adore my grizzly as everyone well knows. Despite living in socal, I have not been attacked by hippies over the jacket yet. It's pretty much my signature item at this point. Of course, I'm all for it! However, I will echo what @Superfluous said in that it is a very specific look. I had the good fortune of trying one on and realizing how much I liked it before purchasing it. That and the fact that my fiance said it looked good on me really helped, but I never would have bought it before trying it on, which is really saying something because I buy online all the time.

red devil

The flaps on the Himel can be tucked into the pockets, but the buttons are still visible. I'm sure Dave could modify it if you wanted as well.

I adore my grizzly as everyone well knows. Despite living in socal, I have not been attacked by hippies over the jacket yet. It's pretty much my signature item at this point. Of course, I'm all for it! However, I will echo what @Superfluous said in that it is a very specific look. I had the good fortune of trying one on and realizing how much I liked it before purchasing it. That and the fact that my fiance said it looked good on me really helped, but I never would have bought it before trying it on, which is really saying something because I buy online all the time.

Thanks! It is indeed a very unique model, which is the reason it's being considered :)
Still thinking which colour combinations I want. The hair panels are horse-hair?

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Thanks! It is indeed a very unique model, which is the reason it's being considered :)
Still thinking which colour combinations I want. The hair panels are horse-hair?
I forget if they are horse or cow. Either way they're amazing. There are options for the hair color. Mine is a very dark brown, but there are black, off white, and other options

red devil

I forget if they are horse or cow. Either way they're amazing. There are options for the hair color. Mine is a very dark brown, but there are black, off white, and other options

Thanks! Sent an email to ask what options are available. Would be looking for a different colour combination than the classic one :)

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Whenever I see one of these jackets posted here I immediately think of them the same way I think of Hudson Bay coats: they look great in the dead of winter trudging through a foot of snow, but look stupid at all other times and contexts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko