Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

'Tis the season for dry hands and feet!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I really like Kiehl's Creme de Corps. Very very thick and great for the winter.
31PP20XYDJL._AA280_.jpg

Also, Soap & Glory has a nice thick hand cream and a nice body cream that I've been using lately.
51fNCfwoB4L._SS260_.jpg

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Just wanted to pass along a product that really helped my hands.

Badger Cuticle Care

It says "cuticle," but I used it all over my hands. I'd been washing my hands in Dawn and wondered why they were so dry. Well, Dawn is a de-greaser :eusa_doh: . My hands were as rough as sandpaper. The Badger Balm really softened them up and smoothed them out. It felt greasy at first, but my skin absorbed it.

TheKitschGoth

A-List Customer
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Also, Soap & Glory has a nice thick hand cream and a nice body cream that I've been using lately.
51fNCfwoB4L._SS260_.jpg

I really like that hand cream.

Plus I tend to use Rose and Co's Rose & Glycerine Hand & Nail Salve
Hand-Nail-Treatment-Salve.gif

The skin around my nails tends to flake and peel when it's cold, and this stuff helps stop it from happening.

BakingInPearls

One of the Regulars
Sounds strange but bag balm aka utter cream does wonders. If my feet or hands are extra dry I apply it very heavily and sleep with either sock or gloves on, it's uncomfortable but worth the results.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Ladies (and gents), here is what I learned to help dry hands: Do not use pump soaps! Even if they have added moisturizers! I didn't know how much that was drying my hands until I started using Vaseline bar soap at the sink for hand washing:

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/jump.jsp?itemID=31747&itemType=PRODUCT&searchid=inceptor

Before I made the switch my hands were cracking.

I also use Essentiel Elements lotion:

http://gilchristsoames.com/browse_category/32

My hands have never been so soft! This from a Maine girl.

pennyseranade

One of the Regulars
BakingInPearls said:
Sounds strange but bag balm aka utter cream does wonders. If my feet or hands are extra dry I apply it very heavily and sleep with either sock or gloves on, it's uncomfortable but worth the results.

Once you get beyond the salve-y medicinal smell, it does work wonders!

Lothlorien

New in Town
I just love Dr. Hauschka hand lotion. Despite the high price I've used it for years because no other lotion has this amazing effect on my hands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot