Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ton... before he became a Dad:

Tell her to stop terrorizing the boys... they've got enough goin' agin' them these days!

Worf
TBH i'm fairly certain she's not going to need much help from me. This kid doesn't take any guff from anybody. Poor little Austin found that out the hard way.

BobJ

Practically Family
I have to look the role until she's married...then it's goodbye weightroom, hello cigarettes and little chocolate donuts!

Like you, I'm the father of just one kid - a daughter. I can tell by your pictures and your words that you love being her Daddy. You are strong, loving and involved. Every father is his daughter's first lover, and you are setting an example and impressing a pattern of what a man should be, that she will carry with her for the rest of her life. Even during the (necessary) rebellious early teen years, when she is rolling her eyes at you and thinking you're clueless, you will still be the most important man in her life. So don't worry about the boys - if you raise her right, she'll weed out the rif-raf herself, and search for a man who will measure up to the standard that Dad set.

I highly recommend a book called: "Strong Father, Strong Daughter". It will help you, immensely, during that tough transition when you go from being big, strong, wise Daddy who knows everything and can do anything... to being a clueless, dorky parent who just doesn't get it. It will help you fulfill the role she needs you to be for her, during those tough times.

And, as for the cigarettes and little chocolate donuts... go for it champ! :D

Like you, I'm the father of just one kid - a daughter. I can tell by your pictures and your words that you love being her Daddy. You are strong, loving and involved. Every father is his daughter's first lover, and you are setting an example and impressing a pattern of what a man should be, that she will carry with her for the rest of her life. Even during the (necessary) rebellious early teen years, when she is rolling her eyes at you and thinking you're clueless, you will still be the most important man in her life. So don't worry about the boys - if you raise her right, she'll weed out the rif-raf herself, and search for a man who will measure up to the standard that Dad set.

I highly recommend a book called: "Strong Father, Strong Daughter". It will help you, immensely, during that tough transition when you go from being big, strong, wise Daddy who knows everything and can do anything... to being a clueless, dorky parent who just doesn't get it. It will help you fulfill the role she needs you to be for her, during those tough times.

And, as for the cigarettes and little chocolate donuts... go for it champ! :D

I love this post BobJ. Some sage advice right there. I will absolutely get that book!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy