Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Too Warm for B-3....

M

member 16283

Good A2 weather though :)

After that I'm switching to my black Beta AR Arc'Teryx. What do you guys do when it's too warm for A2s?

Edward

Bartender
Picked up an L2 for when it's too warm for an A2 and wet. Otherwise, I go first to a Harrington-style or my Wested Raiders goat (slightly lighter than Aero's goat, and the lack of knits allows wear in higher temperatures). After that it's a linen blazer, or one of two jackets I have cut in a traditional denim 'trucker' style, but in a linen/cotton blend. Beyond that, I have to suffer being without a jacket, which I generally hate.

M

member 16283

Cool. I have a wool repro WWII officer's shirt for that I have from a past Halloween. I put it on when it gets chilly at home.

fnoprx

Familiar Face
Harringtons, denim jackets (love my Levis Type 2), an assortment of ricky jackets. HATE not wearing jackets - I need pockets for all my stuff!

M

member 16283

It's SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

member 16283

Harringtons, denim jackets (love my Levis Type 2), an assortment of ricky jackets. HATE not wearing jackets - I need pockets for all my stuff!

I agree completely. Pockets ftw.

Edward

Bartender
I put it down to seven years at Grammar school, wearing a blazer everyday.... I just feel naked without a jacket. Lack of pockets isn't a problem (I regularly carry a shoulder bag), feeling naked is. I also hate exposing any more of my skin to the sun than is absolutely necessary. I have been known in extreme cases to put of going outside at all during daylight in Summer months.

For me, I grew up in cold, so we always had jackets. I don't put much in pockets sans my lucky silver dollars and my iPhone. What gets me is how many times I go out with people - friends, family, etc., and they don't bring a jacket - only to get cold later on! Drives me nuts.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
For me, I grew up in cold, so we always had jackets. I don't put much in pockets sans my lucky silver dollars and my iPhone. What gets me is how many times I go out with people - friends, family, etc., and they don't bring a jacket - only to get cold later on! Drives me nuts.
I used to date a girl like that. She hated wearing jackets and hated being cold. We would leave the house in freezing weather...her wearing no jacket or the lightest jacket possible...and ten minutes later she'd be complaining bitterly about being miserable and cold. Bless her heart, even basic principles of physics often eluded her so I’m not sure if she ever really understood the problem.

AF

The end result being us gentlemen give up our jackets to them. So, I'm cold regardless lol
I make my guests bring them now, and keep spares in the car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24