Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tradeoffs - Himel Bros vs. Freewheelers?

willyto

One Too Many
I'd love to see more detailed pics of yours for comparison. I would assume yours is also deerskin, but the deerskin could be different. The color certainly looks similar on yours at least. Do you know what year your jacket is from? I happen to know that mine is a 2014 model.
I'll try to get photos with the camera to show wear and the hide, I checked quickly and I can see chipping inside the cuff and regular fading outside. I do think it's deerskin and AFAIK the Sunset is always made in deerskin, just black or "yellow" .

I have no idea when the jacket was made though.

Also I do think that all the Freewheelers jackets I have seen for sale on Yahoo auctions have always had measurements that indicated that they were true to size or roomy if anything. Unlike other japanese brands which are super small for the size. In this case my Sunset in 38 has measurements of a 38 and it doesn't fit smaller at all. What I have noticed is that some styles may be a bit short (The Darius in Deerskin I could have bought for ~600€ same as the Sunset but I was afraid of the lenght in the back, maybe I should have risked it.

Mine has aprox 20,5" pit to pit, 18" shoulders, 22,5" lenght from BOC and the hem widht is 18,8"-19" and I I don't see anything unusual in those measurements.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I'll try to get photos with the camera to show wear and the hide, I checked quickly and I can see chipping inside the cuff and regular fading outside. I do think it's deerskin and AFAIK the Sunset is always made in deerskin, just black or "yellow" .

I have no idea when the jacket was made though.

Also I do think that all the Freewheelers jackets I have seen for sale on Yahoo auctions have always had measurements that indicated that they were true to size or roomy if anything. Unlike other japanese brands which are super small for the size. In this case my Sunset in 38 has measurements of a 38 and it doesn't fit smaller at all. What I have noticed is that some styles may be a bit short (The Darius in Deerskin I could have bought for ~600€ same as the Sunset but I was afraid of the lenght in the back, maybe I should have risked it.

Mine has aprox 20,5" pit to pit, 18" shoulders, 22,5" lenght from BOC and the hem widht is 18,8"-19" and I I don't see anything unusual in those measurements.
Well by some western makers' standards, that chest measurement could be considered small.

My jacket's color is called "yellow ochre or yellow ocher". It is deerskin from Shinki apparently. I will check to see if mine is chipping much at the sleeves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto