Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

triangular Woolrich tags

Altoonerville

New in Town
Hello all, long-time reader but first time posting, so excuse if improperly done. I live in what lets call the "Woolrich catchment area ", which is to say within 100 miles of Woolrich Pa. We (girls and boys) grew up wearing Woolrich -mom took me there when I was 16 (1973) to buy me my first buffalo plaid thick shirt. A life-long love affair, I have been buying and selling vintage Woolrich for over 30 years now. Only in recent times (because the market demands it) have I been paying such close attention to labels. I find however that I buy many vintage pieces with folded "triangular" labels. However I never see these photographed in the dating examples. Please see my shirt here, looking for all the world to to be 1950's -looped neck, flap pockets, the colors, AND of course the label...except mine is the folded variety. Does anyone have any insight into just when and how these labels were used? The WPL on this is 1951. Still it seems odd to me to never see tags like this ID'd. Thanks all.

Attachments

• IMG_7178.JPG
    IMG_7178.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7180.JPG
    IMG_7180.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 45

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21