Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trousers...

Dutch McCoy

One of the Regulars
Okay, I am not sure where this should go so I am putting it here. Do any of you have any suggestions as to where I might procure pants with the suspender buttons all ready sewn in? I have looked around town and I really do not see any here and I have looked on the internet but I keep getting lost. :mad: So, for those of you who do wear them, where did you get them. I know I could just sew some in myself but that just seems weird to me. I am very appreciative of any help you may have. Thank you.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
These days, I think the only place you find them already sewn are on better (pricier) suit trousers. That's the only place I've seen them already there on pants off the rack. Sewing them in yourself is a little tricky, since at least in my opinion, having the stitches go through to the outside of the waistband looks a little odd.

Dutch McCoy

One of the Regulars
Wow, you think I would need to go all the way to suit trousers? I was hoping you would say, "there is this web site that sells them and they are cheaper than you would think, etc." But, I guess that is not the case. :) Well, thank you very much.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
The problem here, is that you have NOT described WHICH TYPE of trousers you desire.
There IS more than one variety.
Now for instance- if you desire high-waisted narrow, straight-legge
d trousers in cotton duck with brace buttons, then your problems are solved- Old West/Civil War reenactor vendors, of which there are many.

Here is but one:
www.riverjunction.com

It's a good one.

I think you can get a pair there for under $50 and they're good, serviceable pants.

Yes- $49.95 gets you these-
http://www.riverjunction.com/catalog/trousers/trouser2.html

Now- what type of trousers do you want?

B
T

adamjaskie

One of the Regulars
I haven't done it yet, but I was planning on asking the dry cleaners if they could do it when I take my suit in for cleaning. They advertise being able to do alterations, so they should be able to handle putting in suspender buttons, and I don't expect it to be very expensive.

Any tailor ought to be able to do it fairly cheaply, too.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Baron Kurtz said:
It is absurdly easy to do it yourself. Takes about 5 minutes for all 6.

bk

Yep, anyone with an ounce of sewing skills can do it. I've added buttons to nearly a dozen trousers, doesn't take long at all.

Dutch McCoy

One of the Regulars
Well, as for what kind, just everyday slacks to wear to work and the like.

Is there a certain kind of button I should acquire to sew in? I have never worn suspenders that button in before, all I have ever worn are the clip-on kind and they are starting to wear out and they are beginning to damage the tops of my trousers.

Thank you very much, BellyTank, I will look into your suggestion.

Also, I am a bit of slight guy, about 5'6", so I was wondering, is there any variety regrading size or are they one size fits all. Particularly in the button kind. I know they can be adjusted but I was just wondering. Again, thank you for your help.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
After reading this thread, I did a little digging around. I ordered a set of these so I can experiment a little with placement and then know exactly where the buttons go on some of my trousers, or if like last week, I'm too rushed to have time to sit down and do some sewing:

No Sew EZ-Buttons

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
Jos. A. Bank

I've found that most of the trousers from Joseph A. Bank have buttons for braces, and, if you shop the clearance section on the website, can be had for far less than what one may pay in the stores. Decent quality for reasonable prices.

www.josephabank.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy