Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trying to identify and acquire a coat.

Canus

New in Town
I was wondering if anyone here would be able to help me identify and possible acquire a certain style of coat. In the below video there's a chap wearing a gray coat, at about 3:10 there's a 3/4 length shot of him.

I think it's a double breasted Chesterfield top coat with contrasting buttons, but I'm not 100% sure on this. Does anyone here know for certain its designator and/or a place that would sell them? I've had no luck trying to find one around Dublin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1EJar5zGY

I apologize for the video. Imageshack doesn't seem to want to take the images I took of the coat.

Last edited:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
That lapel treatment looks like something you'd find from a high end European or Japanese designer. Over the years I've seen something similar but I couldn't tell you if it's available today. You try might contacting the men's buyer at Barney's NY as they traffic in more designer labels than just about anybody on the planet. That said, you could certainly have a reasonable facsimile made up by a bespoke tailor, and it probably won't be much more expensive considering the prices designers get these days.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Found a coat (upper left) with a similar lapel treatment in another thread. It's from a 1927 catalog.

5657759242_a775275203_b.jpg

Canus

New in Town
Hm, interesting. The contrasting velvet of the lapel makes me think it's a Chesterfield, but I've never seen one with the contrast running entirely down and straight across. One of those little things that nag because I can't quite place it.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
The contrasting velvet of the lapel makes me think it's a Chesterfield, but I've never seen one with the contrast running entirely down and straight across.
Yes, the velvet treatment is limited to the collar on the Chesterfield.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic