Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Two Green Label Langlitz for comparison

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I purchased a green label Langlitz this year It appears as a one-year-old jacket, not an early 50s. I have downloaded pictures of a green label Langlitz from eBay and am posting the two jackets for comparison. I do not know how to get the pictures side by side

eBay

L1.jpeg

Mine

IMG_0106.jpeg

eBay

L8.jpeg

mine

IMG_0107.jpeg

eBay

L6.jpeg

Mine

IMG_0112.jpeg

eBay

L2.jpeg

Mine

IMG_0104.jpeg

eBay

L11.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0103.jpeg
    IMG_0103.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 187
Last edited:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I like the belt loops version better (your jacket). The Ebay one has the different cuff.
Were these special editions with the green labels? Is that why the Ebay seller is asking for double what it cost for a new one today?
Leather looks good on both though. Dyed black all the way through. Quality stuff.

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The green Langlitz tag was used by Ross from 1950 -1956 Prior to that the jacket labels were speedway togs. Ross used three different labels 1947 -1949 The original tag was white the next two were green. The tags pictured two speeding motorcycles. I would guess a speedway togs labeled jacket in decent condition would bring north of 3 grand. At $3,000 I be surprised if Langlitz did not buy up a speedway togs jacket

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Jon, Is this Langlitz jacket with the blue lining yours?

He'll probably see your message but helps to tag like this: @jonbuilder

For what its worth it does appear to be his based on the way he was presenting the images of his vs the ebay jacket

Welcome to your first post on TFL, Gentry.

Mrfrown

One Too Many

No prob!

I'm currently expecting my first Langlitz later this month, a Columbia. Very much looking forward to it.

Overall Langlitz seems to get less representation on TFL than other USA brands like Cal Leather, Lost Worlds, Vanson, Schott etc. Heck I see more Johnson Leathers out of San Francisco than Langlitz even though they appear to be a much smaller shop overall.

Gentry Dayton

New in Town
Sorry @JMax I tried posting pictures and it keeps saying security issue with a pop up. I have some pictures on my instagram account. But all in all definitely a die hard Langlitz 47 Columbia fan.

Be well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112