Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Two or Three Button

Feraud

Bartender
DOUGLAS said:
I bought the fabric and lining material today. I ended up with a light gray flannel. I believe this color will look good with blues and browns as well as darker grays which is what I wanted. I am going to be measured later on if I have time.
The light gray flannel sounds like it will make a versatile garment.
Btw, how many yards of material is required for a three piece suit?

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I go for a second fitting Monday. I will try not to forget my camera this time.
I admit this is not a very exciting thread just now. Perhaps when the suit is a little further along I will have something for everyone to comment on. It is a waiting game...

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
An extreme version worn by tango singer/actor Carlos Gardel in a 1934 Argentine film. This outfit's extravagant, clashing details befit the Runyon-esque "underworld" character that he plays in the movie:

mdafi9.jpg

DOUGLAS

Right now it is constant tweeking. I am not so happy with the DB vest but I will see how he finishes it off. I will see tomorrow how he is doing.

As long as any Single Breasted Jacket is Low Cut.....

A peak lapel works regardless of button count.

However, regardless of button count, with a medium cut and especially a high cut single breasted jacket, a peak lapel looks short and skimpy or short and stubby (and bad either way).

If you are tall enough and/or have a long enough torso, the single breasted jacket with a peak lapel can have two or three buttons, provided that it is always low cut. Otherwise, two buttons all the way for a single breasted jacket with a peak lapel, especially if you are short and/or have a short torso.

I wish you the best of luck with whatever you choose, Douglas. And yes, this is my first message overall posted on the Fedora Lounge. I joined on the night of Monday, March 24th, 2009 at 9:40PM Eastern Daylight Time.

DOUGLAS

I picked up the suit last night but was too busy to inspect it so I will do that tonight and bring it back tomorrow with notes.

DOUGLAS

Slim Portly said:
Now you are simply toying with our emotions.

Honest... I was doing taxes last night and I was in no mood to be more upset if I saw some thing I didn't like on the suit. I decided it would be better to wait.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
DOUGLAS said:
I was in no mood to be more upset if I saw some thing I didn't like on the suit. I decided it would be better to wait.
I understand completely. I picked up a sportcoat from the cleaners last week (after two 'do overs': first for stain removal, then for a proper lapel pressing) and I've yet to examine the results.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
DOUGLAS said:
Honest... I was doing taxes last night and I was in no mood to be more upset if I saw some thing I didn't like on the suit. I decided it would be better to wait.

Uggh...My taxes will be done on Friday. Honestly, its always my worst week of the year.
I hope the completed suit will be a bit of respite for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael