Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Two size 7 3/4 Vintage Stingy Brims: Dobbs and Resistol

frussell

One Too Many
Both are roughly the same measurements, 1 7/8" brim, 5 1/2" crown, both with nice 2" ribbons. No visible flaws or damage on either, both sweats are supple, all brand markings intact, and the liners are worn but not dirty or stained. Excellent condition as far as I can see. The Dobbs has an original price tag of 15.95, and is a beautiful olive green color with a black ribbon, and a Guild Edge. The Resistol Kitten Finish Mark III is black with a black ribbon with grey tail accent, and Resistol's version of a Cavanaugh edge. Both hats are monogram stamped WHF on the sweat in gold. Worth mentioning: neither appears to have ever been put in a sharp crease, so no old crease shadows. Photos below. I would like to get $95 shipped for the Resistol, and $85 shipped for the Dobbs. PayPal preferred, UPS shipping included. If you want both, I'd go $165 shipped. Thanks, Frank
Dobbs
P1220104.jpg
[/IMG]
sweat label
P1220106.jpg
[/IMG]
liner
P1220105.jpg
[/IMG]
Resistol
P1220117.jpg
[/IMG]
Kitten Finish Mark III brand
P1220112.jpg
[/IMG]
liner
P1220116.jpg
[/IMG]
ribbon, edge detail
P1220119.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

frussell

One Too Many
Triple bump - I really don't want to send these to eBay, I'd rather see someone here enjoy them. Trades of 7 3/4 or larger also entertained. Thanks, Frank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo