Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Two-tone spectator search

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Gentleman!

It has been a solid 2 or 3 years since i have been on the Fedora Lounge and much has transpired. I am getting married in February of 2013 and part of the theme is an older style, with more of a focus on the 1950s. I have a very classic clothier here in Minneapolis (Marty Mathis) who has been advising me on fashion for the groomsmen (you would be blown away by his shop) but I need help finding my shoes! he confirms that this is not a bad choice of shoe for the suit and such that i am wearing but....

I am hoping to get a nice pair of lace-up two-tone spectators (not wingtip), like so:

http://www.squirestux.com/catalog/shoes/prod/index.php?id=11

i have to admit i just found these a few minutes ago but does anyone have any suggestions for this style? i honestly am unsure if this is a wise choice of shoe for my wedding but i want to pursue it unless i notice stop signs to take a different direction. any other help is welcome, i just need some help easily locating these shoes for (hopefully) less than $100. Thanks Gents.

AntonAAK

Practically Family
I would consider spectators a little too casual for a wedding myself. Maybe a plainer shoe would fit better with the occasion?

Whatever you wear have a great day!

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good to see you back Sam! I've been meaning to get out to Marty's when I'm up in MN.

I'll be getting married in April of 2013 in MN as well, and I'm sticking with patent leather lace-up captoe oxfords. The fact that they're not plain toe is enough to drive me insane, but I'd rather have a nice honeymoon than go searching for some expensive plain toes.

Or in other words, I couldn't imagine spectators at a funer...er, wedding. ;)

(Congratulations, by the way! Hope your both have a great ceremony and reception! Are you going to be married in MN?)

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
nooo, no tux! going with suits for myself and groomsmen.

Undertow, no we're actually getting married in North Dakota. know where Bottineau is? wayyyy up north and cold. hah. congrats on your wedding as well!!

this is kind of what the suit looks like. http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...m_mmc=bazaarvoice-_-RLP-_-348536-_-image_link

it is not the slim, however, but it is a slightly trim cut. at least i hope to get this suit. have to decide by tomorrow afternoon.

anyway, consensus seems to be away from the spectators and towards a plain. captoes, wingtips. any specific suggestions?? i'm open to anything. thanks fellas. this has really helped!

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Madisonboots.jpg

Stacy Adams Madison Boot

I was hitched in a pair of these some 11 yrs. ago, October.
They fit the bill w/ a black coat & slacks. I don't know that I've worn them since.

WTF is g'wine be lookin' at your' feet? Anyway? [huh],... the very least of your' worries at this juncture! :D
Anyway, Congratulations to you, best wishes to your' Bride & Mazel tov "מזל טוב" :eusa_clap to you both.

Níl aon leigheas ar an ngrá ach pósadh.
(Pronounced Neel ane lie-ass er on nraw awch[k] poe-sah)
"There's no cure for love except to marry"
Go jump the broom! :yo:

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Madisonboots.jpg

Stacy Adams Madison Boot

I was hitched in a pair of these some 11 yrs. ago, October.
They fit the bill w/ a black coat & slacks. I don't know that I've worn them since.

WTF is g'wine be lookin' at your' feet? Anyway? [huh],... the very least of your' worries at this juncture! :D
Anyway, Congratulations to you, best wishes to your' Bride & Mazel tov "מזל טוב" :eusa_clap to you both.

Níl aon leigheas ar an ngrá ach pósadh.
(Pronounced Neel ane lie-ass er on nraw awch[k] poe-sah)
"There's no cure for love except to marry"
Go jump the broom! :yo:

Get married in those? Great Vintage style, but for a WEDDING, for the GROOM? Extremely casual.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ