Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

U.S. 1 Leathers

Nalazo

Familiar Face
Hey all. I just stumbled across a leather company based out of MA that I never heard of before, U.S. 1 Leathers. I couldn't find any info on here either. According to their website, they offer 4 1/2 to 5 oz thick steerhide as well as cowhide and horsehide. They also do custom work. Apparently, they're not new and have been around since the 80's. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Do they have a website?

Edit: https://www.us1leathers.com/mens-jackets

It looks like a tiny mom & pop business. The styles they offer look like nothing special, in most cases pretty ugly, looking like cheaper mass produced offerings you'd find at larger retail stores that specialize in motorcycle wear. The prices are pretty low for 2022, though.

Last edited:
Reminds me a bit of Hillside Leathers. They offer a nice variety of weights but the styles don't really appeal to me. Looks like proper riding gear though.

Website looks rough, not even fully fleshed out!

Last edited:

Nalazo

Familiar Face
I agree, the website is rough. Judging by the many outstanding customer reviews on Google, though, I think they're definitely legit, perhaps just not tech savvy.

f2002q

One of the Regulars
My better half got a custom sized jacket (from a house pattern) at US1 leathers and both the service and price were excellent. She didn't want a heavy cow skin, but something easy wearing. She even got to pick the lining fabric.

They took about 3 weeks to make the jacket for her. We were there in person, so I don't know if they could do it remotely with measurements. Overall, we're very pleased with the jacket.

Attachments

• IMG_5573.jpeg
    IMG_5573.jpeg
    508.7 KB · Views: 74

f2002q

One of the Regulars
When we went in the store, there were quite a few bikers either getting a riding leather, getting patches put on their existing jacket or vest, or just looking around. We had to wait our turn until the staff finished. It's definitely pretty small mom and pop shop, but the stuff seemed to be of good quality.

Vanson Leathers is definitely bigger, but when I went to their showroom, I thought I had the wrong address. From the outside it looks like a condemned building. Only the "We're Open" sign gave us a clue to come in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana