Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Uber-trad Brooks Brothers navy sack 3-pc suit, 41S

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
This is probably the most perfect example of a Trad, Ivy-league, classic Brooks Brothers suit that I've ever seen. It's from Brooks' old 346 line, and it's a great example of Brooks' legendary quality--fully canvassed, with hand stitching in the collar and shoulders. The fabric is a beautiful, relatively heavy (probably 12-13 oz. at least) solid navy twill.

3-roll-2 sack, flapped pockets, center vent, half lined jacket with beautifully finished seams inside. 6-button vest; plain front trousers with cuffs. Of course.

Based on the label style and the lapel width, I'm fairly confident it was made not later than 1964.

Tagged size is 41S, and I believe that's pretty accurate. But see measurements for specifics.

You may never see such a classic Trad suit again. I haven't seen a Brooks this nice before--it's even nicer than another 346 suit I have of a similar vintage. You certainly couldn't get anything like it from BB today, unless perhaps you went through the Golden Fleece MTM program--and that'd easily set you back $1800 or more for a fabric this nice. It's in beautiful condition, too. The cotton linings have yellowed a bit with age, but no stains, holes, rips, or anything else. The only thing even close to an imperfection is that the sleeve lining needs to be restitched at the armhole.

$125 shipped CONUS, Paypal personal.

Jacket Measurements:
Shoulders: 19"
Chest: 44"
Length: 29 3/4"
Sleeves: 23" plus about 2" to let down

Vest measurements:
Chest: 41"
Length, from center back of collar down to the front points: 27"

Trousers:
Waist: 34" with at least 3" to let out
Inseam: 28" with maybe 1/2" to let down without losing cuffs
Outseam: 39 1/4"

DSCF6383.jpg
DSCF6386.jpg
DSCF6389.jpg
DSCF6390.jpg
DSCF6393.jpg

DSCF6391.jpg
DSCF6396-1.jpg

GWD

One Too Many
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the "346" line from Brooks Bros. was their "Economy" line sold exclusively in their "outlet" stores.

Tripnastic

New in Town
I was always under the impression that it used to be a regular brand of theirs, but was later re-branded to be exclusively for their outlets. I could definitely be wrong though.

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Tripnastic said:
I am EXTREMELY interested in this suit. I only have one question, can you tell me what's going on here? Is it a stain?

suit.jpg

Sorry to say the suit is sold now.

That spot is just indicative of a poor pressing job last time the suit was pressed. As it's a 3-roll-2 jacket, there is a button behind the lapel on that spot. The presser just pressed it without taking the button into account, and left an imprint of the button's shape on the front side.

These days, GWD is right. Anything new with a 346 label is from the outlet stores. But this one is from a line of the same name that Brooks Brothers carried long before outlet stores existed, and the quality is very high.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner