Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Understanding the week or two delay from EA on an in stock hat.

Bad Co

One of the Regulars
I can't speak for EA's business practices , I have only purchased 2 hats from them but they were in stock. Wonderful customer service
Personally I would not wait 3 months for a hat to save a few bucks .
When I was considering opening a hat store some years back and ordering from Akubra this was how it worked .
Minimal purchase 5 hats of any style level 1 discount ,
25 hats purchased of one style different sizes level 2 discounts.
100 hats purchased with 25 of each style different sizes level 3 discounts .
My guess why EA has a 3 month wait is they are building up their incoming orders before they place the order with Akubra .

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I can't speak for EA's business practices , I have only purchased 2 hats from them but they were in stock. Wonderful customer service
Personally I would not wait 3 months for a hat to save a few bucks .
When I was considering opening a hat store some years back and ordering from Akubra this was how it worked .
Minimal purchase 5 hats of any style level 1 discount ,
25 hats purchased of one style different sizes level 2 discounts.
100 hats purchased with 25 of each style different sizes level 3 discounts .
My guess why EA has a 3 month wait is they are building up their incoming orders before they place the order with Akubra .
Makes alot of sense.

Bad Co

One of the Regulars
I saved nearly $50 per hat by ordering my two Campdrafts from Everything Australian. Seeing as how that would almost cover the cost of a third hat including shipping, I can wait. :D

Zombie that's a great retail deal especially on a Campdraft . I sometimes wish I were more like that ,
Being self employed all my life I naturally seek out how to purchase wholesale.
My quote saying " Personally I would not wait 3 months" came only from having the prior knowledge that at any time I could have had 5 for the same price and faster than the 3 you ordered and sold off the other 2 for an even better net gain
Not saying I haven't purchased retail or will again just that I wouldn't wait 3 months to do so .
That being said with the currency exchange as it is now it's a great deal for anyone willing to wait
You got a great deal on your hats

Last edited:
Good deal,Zombie.
Good, sound, fiscal hat acquisition strategy Alex....:eusa_clap
Thank you Gents. Collecting disability instead of a paycheck has forced me to become somewhat more frugal in recent years, so I tend to look for "the most bang for my buck". ;)

Zombie that's a great retail deal especially on a Campdraft . I sometimes wish I were more like that ,
Being self employed all my life I naturally seek out how to purchase wholesale.
My quote saying " Personally I would not wait 3 months" came only from having the prior knowledge that at any time I could have had 5 for the same price and faster than the 3 you ordered and sold off the other 2 for an even better net gain
Not saying I haven't purchased retail or will again just that I wouldn't wait 3 months to do so .
That being said with the currency exchange as it is now it's a great deal for anyone willing to wait
You got a great deal on your hats
Thank you Sir. Now that I have a better understanding of your perspective on the matter, I can easily see how a lot could happen during the three-month wait that might result in only breaking even or, worse, taking a loss if your intent is to re-sell some or all of the hats you acquire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner