Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unissued Matt CWU-45/P

MichaelRhB

One of the Regulars
After finding a near-like-new CWU-36/P last month, I started searching for a new CWU-45/P to replace my worn and faded current jacket.

This CWU-45/P is in the newer matt finished material and, as near as I can tell, was un-issued. I don't know how the seller came about it, but after examining the photos for a couple of days I decided that this was the one.

This is a Valley Apparel 2014 contract, but I don't know the exact manufacture date. It is a size 38-40 Medium and had the regulation Nomex Velcro already sewn to the jacket. When it arrived it was rather wrinkled from packing, but on the DuPont website there was laundry care instructions for Nomex, and I used a medium iron to fix it up. If turned out really well after 30 minutes with the iron.

The Nomex is still stiff and crisp with no flaws or imperfections. Valley Apparel sells these for over $460 when I checked two years ago. Likely much higher now, but this example was only $140 on Ebay.

eAx2YLB.jpg

MichaelRhB

One of the Regulars
I'm liking the newer material too. It's heavier than the shiny Nomex on the older jackets. I was always afraid to iron that material too, but the new Nomex takes ironing very well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana